Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How about a trip to Derbyshire

Where abooots are you Gary? Daan Saarf somewhere?

Chris

I'd be interested Chris, not been up that way in ages on account of it being full of bloody tourists who think they own the world but maybe they've gone home now :evil:

Yes Chris im from the south near Heathrow.
would be good to do another meet,got the bug for it now.
cheers gary

OK chaps, I dunno if there is an obvious date that would suit, but I think first thing is to get what is available from Gary. I shall do that ASAP then we can look at deciding on one.

Chris

Ayope thar all knows thas gorra learn lingo fost, for thi comes upere :D :D There are lots of lanes up here, but before you go out you deffinately need to check the state of the lanes with G.L.A.S.S or wayfinder Etc. as they frequently change, I'm sure it's the same wherever you go in the country but the ramblers and climbers round these parts are amazingly anti 4x4 and obstruct at every opportunity :twisted: One of my favourite is Monsal head, theres a fantastic uphill rocky (non damaging) climb out of the valley to the top with breath taking views. I'm up for it depending on dates, be rude not to seeing as I also live 10 mins away from the site !

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
I'm sure it's the same wherever you go in the country but the ramblers and climbers round these parts are amazingly anti 4x4 and obstruct at every opportunity :twisted:
Most of the anti & obstructive behaviour I've experienced has been in The Peak District and it's one of the areas I've visited the least!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BIG clean GREEN said:
Ayope thar all knows thas gorra learn lingo fost, for thi comes upere :D :D There are lots of lanes up here, but before you go out you deffinately need to check the state of the lanes with G.L.A.S.S or wayfinder Etc. as they frequently change, I'm sure it's the same wherever you go in the country but the ramblers and climbers round these parts are amazingly anti 4x4 and obstruct at every opportunity :twisted: One of my favourite is Monsal head, theres a fantastic uphill rocky (non damaging) climb out of the valley to the top with breath taking views. I'm up for it depending on dates, be rude not to seeing as I also live 10 mins away from the site !

Nick.

Hi Nick,

You may recognise some of the lanes I did not so long ago ?

http://www.northwest4x4.co.uk/forum/vie ... highlight=

Graham

Tommo&Claire said:
Well i'm up for it and i'm sure that Claire and Ecky and the rest of the hobbits will want to return to the shire....

Funny bu**er :o

Been a while since I last went home, sounds good to me so count me in.

Is that some sort of curse - 'may the green oval be with you' ? :mrgreen:

Tenterhill and Chapelgate are worth a visit as well :)

hi cris, has this been sorted yet? Any idea of a date? Thanks karl

Karl, I am as busy as you are and you KNOW how busy that is. I haven't had a clear weekend for months and I have been working away a lot recently. So the answer is no my friend. I'm no nearer.

Not forgotten though.

Chris

I know what your saying mate, just didnt want to miss a post if it was any closer. Just drop me a email if you dont mind so i dont miss it. Cheers karl

OK, piggybacking on this old thread that never went anywhere, I thought I would let you know about a pay and play day in Derbyshire. Oh come on, it's not that far for goodness sake. Anyhoo, there is a play day in this relatively small site on Eastmoor that I mentioned back when this thread was vaguely interesting. It's the 12th of December. Now, I know that you guys are planning a trip into the boonies that weekend, but there might be a possibility to combine the two. There are some great lanes in the Shire and you might think about doing those then finishing the weekend here. There is camping on site (ok it's a field) and you can set fire to things, there are pubs sort of near by if there is a designated driver. It'll be about £20 or something and is a lot of fun. Quite challenging mud, non damaging really, lots of winching and recovery options. They sound like they are a bit short of numbers so I think that I'd go (might have to be on the quad as plan B) I think that if you were to lane on Saturday (paging Mr Karl) you could end up here, twaddle around on Sunday, get dirty and head off home early afternoon.

Just a thought. I don't work for the tourist board, just trying to promote Derrbeeeeshuurrr as an alternative.

Roll up roll up. At any rate, we should be running a trip the the lanes up here.

Chris

Id be up for it mate. Know a few of the lanes up here if people are wanting to do them. Daves good up here as well and would prob b up for it.Ill keep my eye on the post and see what interest there is
karl

Back