Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

how hard would it be to maintain a HZJ 105 LandCruiser in the United States?

Kileni

I've wondered if and when I move back to the US whether it would be hard to get parts for my HZJ 105 LandCruiser in the States.

Thanks!

Same as the 70 series you asked about in the post you made in the 70 series section, was the 100 series sold in the states, the 80 was so many parts are common, you should not have any problem with service items.

Same as the 70 series you asked about in the post you made in the 70 series section, was the 100 series sold in the states, the 80 was so many parts are common, you should not have any problem with service items.

According to the Wikipedia LandCruiser article 100 series were sold in the US, though I don't know how man nor how interchangeable the parts are among the 105, 100, and 80s.

Hopefully someone with firsthand experience in the US will tell me.

Thanks

My understanding is that the 105 chassis is similar to the 80 chassis as it uses a front axle based on the 80 series, so brakes, CV's (birfeild joint) and seals, gaskets should be similar if not the same.

Just for additional information my 80 series has a 80 series TJM winch bumper and a 100 series TJM rear bumper fitted by myself.

If you can get parts for an 80 and a 100, you should be all set. And you can get 80 and 100 bits.

However the diesel engine and its requirements might be harder to come by. So, if you can petrol would be the way to go.

If you can get parts for an 80 and a 100, you should be all set. And you can get 80 and 100 bits.

However the diesel engine and its requirements might be harder to come by. So, if you can petrol would be the way to go.

That's a good insight. Mine is diesel, for better and worse. Thank you!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My understanding is that the 105 chassis is similar to the 80 chassis as it uses a front axle based on the 80 series, so brakes, CV's (birfeild joint) and seals, gaskets should be similar if not the same.

Just for additional information my 80 series has a 80 series TJM winch bumper and a 100 series TJM rear bumper fitted by myself.

This is encouraging news. Thank you, Julian!

Sunday may be paint day on my LJ70! Kind of excited about that!

Back