Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How long is 120 rust warranty?

Sam

Garage
Anyone remember the rust warranty on a 120? 3, 5, 10, 12 years?

Just noticed a clear hole in the sunroof surround (near the edge of the bit that moves) on an otherwise spotless unit. Seals all look ok... odd.

Going to have a chat with Mr T... but mine's an '03 so I'm guessing I cant expect any good news?

No idea off the top of my head but I'll look it up in the morning - not going out there now, I'd need a St. Bernard rescue party to get back :lol:

It's either 6 or 8 years so either way you're stuffed unfortunately. Try the goodwill route if you have a good Toyo history

Goodwill route it is then... got more than full history so maybe :pray:

Mr-T said:
Been told 12 years for anti perforation (rust coming through) and the paint work is covered for the standard warranty period (5 years if new car)

So might be worth using an opening line of "You know your 12 year warranty..."

:?: Actually, yes, anti-perf (corrosion from imside to outside) might indeed be 12 years. It does ring a bell. No harm in asking the question and the worst you can be told is "no" and to FO. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wakey wakey thread....

Got LC back from it's service today and got an official line on the sun roof rust problem.

Because the sunroof is not a body coloured panel (they come in black and then sprayed to match), they are not covered by the warranty - which is 12 years by the way.

So, good news the warranty is long enough... bad news that [strike:13ccdcfy]sunroofs[/strike:13ccdcfy] [strike:13ccdcfy]sunrooves[/strike:13ccdcfy] the sun-roof isn't covered :thumbdown:

Didn't get a price to repair it but when I do I'll post.

Back