Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

how many gears?

I would say it is a newer 5 speed gearbox, but to be sure there is a plate under the bonnet mines on the rear bulkhead drivers side, it will give the transmision code for conformation.
This truck looks good value but it has been on the market for a while now.

It's a 5 speed. The gear stick works across a notched diagonal. On the 4 speed it's a straight slot.

FYI they are either 3 or 4 speed with overdrive not 4 or 5 speed in the auto box.

When the rear washer nozzle is to the right, it's a 5-speed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm on a similar search (though just looking currently) and you can easily tell by the gear lever and gate - the older ones have a lever similar to the 90 series and a straight "up-down" gate, whereas the newer ones have a much slimmer lever shaft and a notched/dog-leg gate.

I would have thought that anything from 2005 would have the newer box.

Add: This is like it (might not be the exact one but you get the idea!)

image006.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great, I get it now.

Am getting a shortlist together :)

Pete

Around August 2003 the HDJ100R Landcruisers in Australia had the Gearbox upgraded from a 4 speed gearbox to a 5 speed Gearbox.

My Dec 2003 100 has the facelift and newer style auto 5 sp box....I think it was among the first

According to TMC documentation, for the HDJ100, Europe got the 5-sp 750 box from August 2003 production, while Australia got it from Aug 2002 production.

Back