Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howdy from the Land of the Red Man!

Durtrider

Country Flag
united_states
I'm in Central Oklahoma, and just found this forum... and looking forward to reading and learning!

I'm 54, married with 2 grown kids. My passion is dirt bikes and ADVenture bikes, and about anything off road. My handle is durtrider on another forum so I figured I'd stick with that.

I'm an Auctioneer. I sell commecial and residential real estate, farms and ranches, wholesale autos and equipment. I also contract out, such as the Barrett--Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale since '04, and I've seen some REALLY nice rigs come across over the years.

I bought a '96 LC two days ago, and I'm PUMPED!! I'll get some pics up soon when I get it sorted out.

I don't know all the terminology and numbers you guys use for descriptions yet..other than its an 80. This truck is 184,000 miles, black, nearly new Michelin tires, sunroof, leather, automatic, and it has the lockout switch. It's probably about an 8.5 on a 10 scale. It seems to have been very well cared for by its prior owner.

The bottom side shows no rust, the oil is clean and the motor has no leaks. The drivers seat leather is torn and needs to be fixed or recovered(the rest looks new), the right speaker in the door is blown, there are two quarter sized rust spots on the leading edge of the hood, and the antenna won't retract. I swear I don't think it's ever been down a gravel road!

As an auctioneer I've had the opportunity to own a 40, three 60's, and one 70. Rarely does a nice LC cross the auction block that isn't used up unless it's a late model or priced to the moon, and I NEVER see any 60's in the dealer trade car auctions anymore. Ten or 15 years ago I'd see about two or three a year.

I've been watching, and this one just fell into my lap. So again, I'm excited to be part of the club again, and I'm looking forward to learning from ya'll!

Hiya and welcome :) wtf is the red man? (showing my ignorance) Selling Ranches ? I fancy a ranch - how much and how big? Swap for a cottage in deepest Dordogne :)

Hi Steve. I'm in Oklahoma, USA which back in the day was Indian Territory before in became a State in 1907.

From the web:
The state's name is from the Choctaw words “okla” and “humma,” meaning “red people.” The Choctaw Nation website says following the trail of tears, it was a Choctaw Chief who suggested the Oklahoma name during treaty negotiations – and he was referring to the people's skin color.

Sorry, I tend to think in local terms.

Btw, most of the ranches we sell in these parts are 800 to 2,000 acres, although we'll get a bigger one sometimes. But Dordonge sounds interesting!

Most of us are in the UK where most are lucky if they own 800 to 2000 square inches of land . I can't believe you asked that Steve perhaps Red Indian rings a bell :icon-wink: the heat out there must be getting to you , i have a lovely little house in Wales if you want to swap and it hasn't rained here for at least an hour .

Hi Durtrider EVERYONE loves a black 80 so i'm sure you will get lots of useful advice on here :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum durtrider!

It sounds like you've a good 'un there, and guessing it's gas not an oil-burner. There's a few petrol head 80 owners on here who will be pleased to assist.

Great intro, BTW, and don't forget, photos are mandatory after 15 posts or so :lol:

Back