Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ79 Camper

This would be a very easy nick for the Police, if only they were interested in crime .

Pete

Just spent the last hour speaking to Natwest and two police departments.

All info including his bank account details, emails and internet headers now passed to them.

Even if they don't do anything.... I have done my 'bit'.

Good Paul,

Here's hoping some poor guy isn't going to get suckered in.

Gra.

@Bat21
every now and then I "google" for my HZJ79 camper to check if the scammer(s) are still active to lure people to pay a deposit. Yes the photo you have is the Wombat in Herrenberg.
The scam started in March 2012 and my original technical data were copied from carandclassics website to different other websites - even in Australia.
I contacted the german "Internetwache" and reported the scam; but as no money has been lost in Germany (so far) the filed the case. Thank you for your effort to inform police departments in the UK.

I was so foolish to believe that the person who contacted me the first time was a serious interested person - who demands to send so many details. It's so emberising that I got trapped this way. The person said he wants to prove that I am the real owner because of the different number of names in the driver license and the tiltle of the camper. I submitted all the details ( I have 3 fornames and only one is printed on the driver license) .

But a number of people who know about the value of that kind of camper found me in the german buschtaxi forum and informed me about the scam.

The engine is a 1HZ (no turbo) max. speed 120 km/h but then drinks 15l/100 km ! with moderate speed consumption is 12l/100km
Axel (the real one)

Axel,

I have see the ad again since the last time. Again I replied and pretended to be interested. This time I got more details from the scammer.... another UK bank account was being used :o

It annoys me so much that this guy is clearly trying to obtain money by deception, and yet neither the banks or the police are interested in catching him/her :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sadly that's very true :(

I always thought that crime prevention was one on the main roles of cops.... here we have a perfect (handed on a plate) opportunity for them to prevent a crime that is clearly going to be carried out if someone sooopid enough falls for this scammers story.

No doubt there are more important things that they have to do..... but I'm sure we all know what those are :roll:

Hi Paul,

So what did the police actually say?
Are they going to do any thing?

I think it's just a matter of time, before some one falls for this, or even some people have fallen for this already, as per change of bank account?

Gra.

The police said that as no offence has been commted it is highly unlikely they woul follow it up.

As I have heard nothing from them, I assume that they have indeed done nothing with the 'evidence' :doh:

Yes, the change of bank account could mean someone has indeed been caught out by this scam already.

No offence.....

Can we rephrase that to No Interest, cos there is an offence.

Pete.

In a perfect World, the police would cut short their coffee breaks, pour forth from the stations, and prevent crime with the classic, "now then, now then, what are you up to".

Unfortunately, the advent of the unscrupulous---read devoid of morals---low life, dirt bag solicitors who will be shouting "persecution of the meek and weak" renders this common sense approach to law and order a tricky path to tread.

Roger

'ello, 'ello, 'ello, what have we here ?

Gra.

@ all
I' ve got a call from our local (german police station). There is a first victim of the scam. Mr. H.O. has paid 3,600 GBP to a bank account and has not been able to track him/her down - reported the case to UK police and subsequently it arrived (over German Criminal Office) down to our local police station. They called me and have now to answer the questions they got. I told them to answer in german if they can't express the situation in proper english. Let UK cops look for an interpreter.
Very sad for H.O. I think he won't get his money back.
Axel

I find it hard to believe people will still hand over large sums of money for a vehicle unseen.Even if its not a scam,I would still like to know if the gearbox shifts ok or that it actually has an engine fitted to the engine bay. :shock:

roscoFJ73 said:
I find it hard to believe people will still hand over large sums of money for a vehicle unseen.Even if its not a scam,I would still like to know if the gearbox shifts ok or that it actually has an engine fitted to the engine bay. :shock:
An old saying springs to mind "A fool and his money are soon parted" :think:

tlchzj79 said:
@ roscoFJ73

gearbox shifts ok (H150F) <--> 1HZ engine

That would be a R151F (unless its been changed). Only the 80 series got the H150F from 90-97

Back