Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ79 Camper

Cossack said:
An old saying springs to mind "A fool and his money are soon parted" :think:

Yes,the internet been around now for over 15 years and anyone who fools for these scams is either stupid or been living under a rock.

well, i buy vehicles from all over the world.
i don't fly in and inspect every vehicle but i do have contacts that do the inspections for me.
it is a risk that i am willing to take to secure those rare birds that can't be found in the Great White North.

that doesn't make me a fool, it makes me trusting.

but

i always go with my gut, if i get a bad vibe then i walk.

I've seen so many over here maybe i should start shiping back to UK

@ roscoFJ73

yes - you are right- gear box is R151F, the two part transfer input shaft has been replaced by one part shaft (even though it was not worn out).

Sellers name Jimmy Plop :lol: :lol:

Item 230846762741

Can it be reported to Ebay as a stolen vehicle or some thing ?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hairyguy4 said:
Can someone contact him via eBay expressing an interest please, if I do it again he will suss me.

He will then give you an email address to contact him on, if you could pass this onto me I'll will get his latest bank details he is using. I have now sent the cops details of the previous 2 bank accounts he was using. Hopefully if I keep pestering them they will eventually look into it.... but I won't hold my breath :roll:

:thumbup:

possibly if the real owner were to advise ebay that the advertised item is theirs and that it is not for sale, but that would need some sort of identification of the item, maybe a VDM?
And what could ebay do about it, ban the account or IP address?
I don't see any kind of report button on the listing or against the seller, who has 100% feed back?
I suppose the best thing would be to make an appointment to view the item and see what the response is.
And pity really, last week Wednesday I was in the general area.

Bat you posted while I was typing this, I have an ebay account so I will ask if I see it, will let you know what his reply is.

thanks to all following that drama and giving details (hairyguy4). I have used ebay customer support "live chat" to report the case the 3rd time.
If anyone wants to use that chat function (its hard to find):
sign in
custumer support
contact ebay
My account
getting started > Account Safety
chat with us

Very friendly and patient people there. They double check my concern - in my case asking for the photos which I have on dropbox.
I'm follwing this thread very close.
Axel (the real owner)
pls apologize my german "accent" when writing

tlchzj79 said:
....If anyone wants to use that chat function (its hard to find):
sign in
custumer support
contact ebay
My account
getting started > Account Safety
chat with us
Hey Axle, thanks for that.... that is worth knowing.

I guess the best way to beat the fake 'Axle' is for us to keep looking out for repeat ads and reporting him to eBay every time.... I am sure he will give up in the end :thumbup:

When I told him he was a fake the last time, he said he was going to report me to eBay for stealing his documents from him :D

No problem at all Axel I can understand you perfectly well, just hope something gets resolved quickly.
so far I have had no reply from the advertiser,
And it's no longer available, last I saw there were 3 offers for it.
copied from Ebay
"Item 230846762741 is no longer available"

karl webster said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-camper-/230847476672?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item35bf94f3c0

Popped up again.Just emailed him and asked him when i can view it/
I did the same, . . . still waiting for an answer :think:

heh, nice, good luck, he never replied to me.

With them asking for a email i suppose its so ebay has no way of stoping contact once its been removed.

Probably.
But there is nothing stopping him from replying and asking for a email address to send you pictures, for example.
Also I see it's in the Campervans & Motorhomes section rather than as a Toyota Landcruiser, is this to increase the chances of hooking a gullible punter rather than someone who knows what they are looking for?

Still shows up in both sections julian. I wouldnt expect them to send messages through ebay because if they keep hacking ebay accounts they may not be able to send messages out.Either way they need stopping.I hate this type of thing.

Just asked again for more pictures and included my email addy, we shall see :think:

karl webster said:
Still shows up in both sections julian. I wouldnt expect them to send messages through ebay because if they keep hacking ebay accounts they may not be able to send messages out.Either way they need stopping.I hate this type of thing.

Yeah, I have a sever allergic reaction to to thieving conniving black guards like this one.
I sometimes wish we had a way to :teasing-poke: and then :violence-hammer: when the scoundrel reacted ;)

Totally agree. As mentioned previous the law is a waste of time. They need tieing up in a room and keep going in every now and then and chop a finger end off or two. Im sure they would understand then.Dont mean the coppers....hmm :think:

I feel sorry for the people who get sucked in as its not just the greedy people who do.Some poor couple who have managed to scrimp 4k together for a little camper could be done.

Fuxxing waxxxrs!!!

Back