Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I am missing my small tool!

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Newbie question. I was looking at the toolkit on the rear door of my LC4 and notice that there is a piece missing. It is from the top left-hand corner of the kit and is obviously not very large. The owners handbook doesn't show the toolkit in enough detail for me to know what is missing. Can anyone help?

I don't know much about a 120 but hazarding a guess - the lock-nut "key"? Maybe tell us what you do have in the toolkit to avoid us having to gues our way through ;)
Just as likely you aren't missing anything!

IIRC there are spaces in the 120 tool kit. Never knew what went in there but you'll probably find that you have a full set of tools. Don't think it's for the puzzle key as the locking nuts are an after-factory fitment.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. Here's a pic of the toolkit with what looks like a space for something on the top left corner. I have the lock nut key. It was with the box that had the lock nuts.
Cars001.jpg

Might be spark plug spanner for petrol versions

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mines the same, so also have the blank spaces.... Had it from new, so they have always been blank.

If you find something that fits let me know :roll:

Many thanks for the replies everybody. Chris, you may well be right as that would be a very plausible explanation. Tony, if yours has been blank from new then that's the answer. I'm not missing anything. Those close to me might disagree! :lol:

Unless you live in an area that is rife with car crime, I suggest you get rid of the locking wheel nuts. The keys are crap quality and break and could leave you stranded. They are a Toyo UK fitment at point of import. I binned mine last year.

Good advice NC. The only problem is that the original wheel nuts haven't been passed on to me. Anyone know where I can get a quality set of locking nuts?

Hutton said:
The only problem is that the original wheel nuts haven't been passed on to me.
Stating the obvious, your local Toyota dealer will be able to supply you with 4 original wheelnuts to replace your locking nuts :mrgreen:

Milner sell them

C

:?: Normally in the small black box that the original locking nuts came in. I think they just do a swap at import location and bung the original nuts in the glove box with the 'key' nut. Anyway, that was 2003 and they could have gone astray. Mine did too. Bought Toyo ones at a few quid each. Just go for regular nuts. I doubt if anyone is going to pinch the wheel of a 2 tonne LC and prop it on bricks! It would be easier to pinch the spare underneath.

Wow! What a forum. Loads of advice. All appreciated, even when I don't recognise the obvious!

Yep toolkit is complete for a D-4D. No comment on the wheel nuts - I still use mine but didn't get the originals with the vehicle. I need 5 more wheel nuts because my local Kwik-Twit managed to stuff up an entire set of studs on my one spacer ... :twisted:

Back