Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

IBS Issues

mjmcgowan

Hi All

Im having problems with our IBS system, wondering if anyone could could help as its really confusing me !

We have a three battery set up, two starting batteries in the front and one leisure battery in the rear attached to a fridge via two sockets connected directly to the battery.

The issues we have are the following:

1) The IBS system says the battery has no charge, we have fully charged the battery and ran it for 8 hours disconnected from the car with the fridge running. We have had local garage also confirm the battery is fully charged and in good condition.

2) When the car is running, the two rear sockets output power and the fridge runs fine, when turned off the for some reason the fridge wont run from the sockets despite being directly connected to the battery (the only other item connected is the IBS power cable). It it seems the rear sockets only work with power directly from the engine. We have connected the fridge directly to the battery, with the engine off and it works fine.

Can anybody help me further to diagnose where the issue is ? Is it possible that with the engine off the IBS system actually draws power from the battery? Or do i just have a duff IBS system ?

Many thanks

I would check the aux battery -ve connection to the car in case that is floating. Do the two sockets have both + & - wired directly to the battery or just the + ?

Thanks Jon

The rear sockets just have the + ve wired.

I'll check the connections now.

A bad -ve connection from the aux battery to the car would fit your symptoms then :thumbup:

Thanks Jon,

All sorted now, we had to re earth the battery to a different place.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back