Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ignition signal in rear compartment

Chris Pellatt

Country Flag
australia
Hey Everyone,
I've nearly finished setting up a setup in the rear of our LC200 for anderson plugs, house battery and DCDC charger. The last thing I need to find is a 12v signal that only switched by the ignition being on for the charger. I've poked and prodded everything I can find but to no avail. Is there such a point to be found in the rear of the LC200 or do I have to run a wire to under the dash to get at one of the fuse boxes??

Sorry for the noob question but this is the first time I have attempted to wire up anything like this.

Hi Chris,
Did you find a solution, I'm looking for same

Cheers Darren

Hi Chris,
Did you find a solution, I'm looking for same

Cheers Darren
Hi Darren, I cannot help ign feed in the rear, but what I have used in the past, is a voltage sensing relay, so the idea is when the car is stud (and no engine running)the relay is switched off but when you start the car and the voltage rises above a certain level it turns it on.

Hey Everyone,
I've nearly finished setting up a setup in the rear of our LC200 for anderson plugs, house battery and DCDC charger. The last thing I need to find is a 12v signal that only switched by the ignition being on for the charger. I've poked and prodded everything I can find but to no avail. Is there such a point to be found in the rear of the LC200 or do I have to run a wire to under the dash to get at one of the fuse boxes??

Sorry for the noob question but this is the first time I have attempted to wire up anything like this.
This is for EU spec 200s and it may differ for other regions. Toyota published a document called AIM 002 409-0 which is instructions for fitting their own wiring harness for 13 pin tow electrics. There are also ones for other types of plug but most steps are the same. On page 24 is shows the location of a two pin plug that is tucked up underneath and behind the rear bumper right next to the rear exhaust muffler mounting. It has an unused male plug already fitted to the vehicle side female, with a rubber bung inserted in each connector. With the clip up, the left hand connector is the 12v Signal you are looking for. Note that there is another plug in the same location that appears to be two pin but actually has more smaller connections inside the plug below the two pins - this is not the one you are looking for.

Attachments

• LC_V8_THWH 13p_PZ457-70566-A0_AIM 002-409-0.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 8
If any of you could post a photo of the above plug and the cable leading to it, it would help me as mine has had that wiring cut and bodged by a previous tow wiring instal and I am trying to get it back to stock - hence my having researched the AIM document I referenced.

Back