Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Im in the 30 plus gang!!

silvercruiser

I went on a Family trip to Devon last weekend, so i changed the settings on my tuning box. i had it set for power in France and the best i got was 29mpg. So this time the box was put on the eco mode. the journey to Devon was a bit stop start in places and i managed to get 30mpg. and on the way back the traffic was better but still not a totally clear run. but i managed to get 31mpg. this was mainly doing 70mph so if you dropped to 60/65 you could probably get better.

So im pretty happy considering im running oversize all terrains and carrying the family, 2 dogs plus all the luggage.

I went on a Family trip to Devon last weekend, so i changed the settings on my tuning box. i had it set for power in France and the best i got was 29mpg. So this time the box was put on the eco mode. the journey to Devon was a bit stop start in places and i managed to get 30mpg. and on the way back the traffic was better but still not a totally clear run. but i managed to get 31mpg. this was mainly doing 70mph so if you dropped to 60/65 you could probably get better.

So im pretty happy considering im running oversize all terrains and carrying the family, 2 dogs plus all the luggage.

Silver, what are you talking about? What tuning box??

Its a tuning box i bought from tdituning.co.uk. they are only about 15mile away from me so if i had any problems i could go see them easily.

Yeah very happy with that. if i could handle the 55/60mph pace it would be interesting to see what it would do.

When I first saw this thread title, I thought that Joe had just had a significant birthday and also thought - poor Joe, looks much older than that - the years haven't been very kind to him! ;)

It was only on reading the detail that I realised we are talking about fuel consumption!! DOH !! :icon-rolleyes:

We have 3 very different vehicles in the household - a 3.4l V6 4x4 running LPG, a 1.3 petrol shopping trolley and a 3l twin turbo diesel coupe - funnily enough, each of them seem to be doing around 40mpg* across their various uses, so I can't complain.

* 40mpg "equivalent" in the case of the Landcruiser on LPG.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back