Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm mad as hell and I'm n ot going to take it anymore!

Whoa there John! :hand:
Dark Dude said:
Yet according to YOU, this accounts for next to nothing with the insurance industry.
Why are you making this personal? We are trying to help you understand how this works. None of us makes the rules for the insurance industry ;) No-one is passing judgement on YOU, or trying to justify why YOU should have a harder/easier time than anyone else. Instead of taking on-board an explanation to help YOU understand, YOU describe it as "nonsensical rubbish" :doh:
Denial and burying your head in the sand because you don't like it doesn't change the way it is, I'm afraid.

Dark Dude said:
The insurance industry can and will find RISK everywhere and anywhere and adjust their premiums to suit, which will always be in their favour.
:thumbup: You're getting the picture - this is a business, not a charity. Your choices are limited but you still have some.

By all means go on a crusade over this but please stop being so inflammatory towards us fellow forum members trying to help you.

No way would I insure you for as little as that John, they must be bonkers :lol:

Dark Dude said:
[quote="karl webster":262esr57]Last year when i change my trade insurence it came down again after shopping around. Think i paid 1200 last year for as many vehicles as i want sports/high performance cars and bikes.

These price compare sites are really good now.

I know a few young people who just carnt get insured on hardly anything. It is a joke as is alot of things in this country.

Karl

Karl

Been there and done that. I managed to get my quote down to £1200 but that was almost £300 more than my previous years premium. Alas I think you're missing the point. The bigger picture is that one way or the other, we are being screwed. This year I got screwed by £300. Next year, I'll get screwed again, no matter what I do.....And if I'm not wrong, you'll be screwed too, along with the rest of us.

John[/quote:262esr57]

Hi John

Im missing no point at all. Ive been into fast cars/performance cars since i past my test then went onto superbikes as well. They have screwed me time after time but every year since i have past my insurence has come down. Dont get me wrong, Up untill two years ago i was insuring my bmw m3 evo convertible and that was costing me 900 od pounds. Ive always had four cars/bikes insured sepperate for a while. Getting the motor trade cover means i can now have as many things as i want on cover for the 1200 compared to over 2k.

Every year in the past i have had to ring and ring and ring to get the cheaper quotes. I find confused.com good now as it compares alot with little time on the net.

I would be happy to put my name down on the list Though. My bigger issue is FUEL though as i do that many miles.Everything is getting more expensive and i dont know when we will have to say enough is enough.

Karl

Andrew
All that you are saying seem understandable but still does not explain the year on year increase in the price of insurance.

Nobody seems to want to answer the points I have put across. If this is because they are utter rubbish then fine. But If however there is no resonable reason then maybe it is crusade time.

For the vast majority of people I am sure the risk you are insured for does not change year on year therefor at the very least price should be the same as the previous year plus inflation.

Surely this is reasonable. not an increase of over 250%. There is no excuse for that.

[strike:10lq4w3r]I'll merge the two threads in a bit.
The main topic is in insurance section.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk[/strike:10lq4w3r]

Merged from the 100 thread.

Hi Guys, Just a note that the insurance companies are owned by the banks and we all know how corrupt they are. This is them exploiting us the public ever more so as they are in deep trouble concerning the fraud they commit every day.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris Green90 said:
Andrew
All that you are saying seem understandable but still does not explain the year on year increase in the price of insurance.
Chris, the point is that they use a complex formula and apply that to the population. The fact that some individuals see wild swings (mostly up unfortunately) is not necessarily the fault of the individual but just how they score according to the formula. All else being equal, I think your point is correct - insurance should, and would, go down each year for the same car & driver getting a year old, no claims etc. Unfortunately all else is not equal in the current economic climate as far as the cost of insurance goes and also on how premiums are calculated.

It's a fact of life that inflation is with us - things get more expensive each year. As Olazz explained in some detail, all of the regulatory hurdles faced by the insurance sector cost money. While the rules may have been put in place by the nanny state to protect us, the fact is we pay the extra costs - the insurance industry isn't going to foot the additional costs. What about all the dodgy claims that insurers have to deal with? Ultimately is the policy-holders that pay for all of this - you and me.

We also need to consider that the insurance industry constantly re-evaluates how to calculate premiums. Maybe 4x4s have been getting stolen or the subject of more claims. Maybe more people in your postcode have been caught speeding, drink-driving, whatever. Maybe there has been general inflation in Japanese car parts because of the Japanese earthquake last year, so the cost of repairing Japanese cars has risen... And and and - this is a complex story and the insurance industry isn't going to enlighten us on each factor that goes against us as individuals.

Don't get me wrong - I am not condoning or supporting the insurance companies. Far from it. But the law forces me to have insurance and it costs what it costs if I choose to have an LC. As a wise old guy that I worked with once told me - if getting shafted is inevitable, at least try and enjoy it. C'est la vie! :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Re: I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Andrew, you should come a setup shop on BroadWater Farm. The protection racketeers would welcome you with open arms. Mind you, they also lost a truck load of money when Leman Brothers went belly up, so on the other hand...... :lol:

Insurance should NOT be a complicated thing. The fact that it is means ONLY one thing, that we are being ripped off and no amount of blinding me with science is going to change that. I can't abide wrong-doing. Worse still, I can't abide wrong doing with a profit motive.That's just plain, simple wrong and for anyone to justify it, sickens me to the core. Yet, it seems to me, judging by some of the alternative arguments expressed in this thread, that my morally, my very sense of right and wrong is somehow misplaced. The lack of morally (as well as common sense) within the Financial Services Industry, beggars belief. I mean, it's alright for blokes in suits giving the general public the royal flush but God forbid if the kids on the street, do exactly the same thing, it's a crime. Bullshit! What's happened to British fairplay? It's been sold off (with the rest of the family silver) in exchange for a kind of corporate fascism where the people are either too corrupt, ignorant or scared to stand up and be counted. If we do NOTHING, then what next? How bad does the stink have to be before we start smelling it? But maybe, just maybe, the great British public deserve what they get....

Oh one other thing. I've got no problem paying for a service, as long as the service provider does exactly that, provides a service. When that service fails to be provided, I have the right to ask myself, what the hell am I paying for? I'm NOT anybody's cash cow and yet that's what I've become. Every year my wallet is raided for no other reason than "we (the financial service industry) need to make a profit". Bollocks! That's not sustainable capitalism, as I know it. It's daylight robbery! There are many consumers, some of them on this forum, that are so scared of making ANY claim on their insurance for fear of the consequences. And in most cases, they have done nothing wrong but to have a accident. That's not right. That's not fair. That's just plain wrong.

So I'm going to start this list again. If you agree with my sentiments, you're welcome to sign it. If you don't, with the greatest respect, you can go elsewhere to sell your snake oil because you'll find no takers here:

John Christopher, Tottenham Hale, London.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

i blame these insurance hikes partly on the idiots who go crashing into 130+ grand Bentleys! :lol: :whistle:

Last night I had the pleasure of sitting in A&E for a few pointless hours. There was a guy there, guessing flooring or carpet layer based on padded knee pants, who looked perfectly fine. While he was waiting he was joking with another customer and throwing his head back in laughter, jumped up and did a brisk walk to the vending machine and got a cup of tea. Basically, nothing wrong with him physically.

After a conversation with the other customer, it became clear he had been in a car accident and was here so he could do all the right stuff to get his compensation. He was going to get as much as he could.

When the nurse came out it was the worse case of stiffening up I have ever seen. His neck seized up, the back curled to one side and he walked quite slowly. Clearly in agony. Once done and he was out, it was all ok.

It is people like him which have a lovely effect on it all. There are many and they walk amongst us.

There is an advertisement on the radio for an accident claim law firm which states "If you're the 12th case to be accepted this week, we'll send you on a weekend holiday."
Sh1t like that needs to be outlawed.

Dark Dude - we're all friends and on the same side here ;) :thumbup:

Dark Dude,

Your last post is more of a rant than a reasoned argument, and has the ring of someone seeking to be combative and controversial.

Not one reply on this thread either supported, condoned or tried to justify the practices of Insurers, but rather tried to explain some of the factors that may be the cause of your original complaint.... "My premiums have gone up". Because you didn't like or indeed agree with what either Andrew or I wrote, you dismissed this as just "nonsensical rubbish".

You have decided that insurance is complicated and is made so in order to "rip off" the populace, that is an argument with little merit or foundation. As for the moral issue.... again not one person here questioned your moral fibre, and to suggest that we think, or suggested it misplaced, is just being controversial.

In the grand scheme of things and from reading some of your other posts, you have an issue with corporates who make a profit... Mr T is also in your firing line. Now it's the Insurers and the whole "morally moribund" Financial Services sector!! Stereotyping and generalisation is flawed thinking ;)

As for the members of this forum who are too petrified to make a claim because of the consequences, well that is an issue for them to wrestle with. Buy your cover, pay for it and if you have a legitimate reason to claim, I fail to see what there is to be scared of.... unless the claim is fraudulent of course :whistle:

I can agree with both sides in this argument but I'm going to refrain from joining in the debate any more than adding that the thing I hate about the majority of insurance companies is that when it comes to renewal time they try and pull the wool firmly over your eyes.

The scenario - I get a new quote through the door from my current insurance company that is double what I paid last year, even though nothing has changed. I ring up and tell them that I'm not happy and they tell me that there has been an insurance industry wide price hike and current inflation etc. but they will bring it down a few quid as a good will gesture. But its still more than 70% more than the previous year. I tell them I'm going to shop around and when I go back to them with a quote similar to what I was paying last year they miraculously find a super discount code and manage to match their quote.

Now I have just wasted the best part of 4 or 5 hours getting quotes and giving out my details to several companies, who are now going to bombard me with emails, junk mail and the like (incidentally, I'm still getting quotes from "More Than" for a car I sold 8 years ago despite telling them on several occasions!!). Only to be told by the pleb on the phone at my current insurers that actually all they could have done me a better deal all along. :twisted:

shysters, people like that are the bottom feeders i talk about. they want to live at others expense when they do not deserve it.

over here some call it "winning the insurance lottery". someone pulls out in front of you, you have lots of time to stop or avoid the accident but you plow into them anyway and collect the payout. fake sore necks, fake sore backs ...

is someone actually needs the coverage i don't have a problem. what i would like to see, if they get caught then a fraud charge laid and time served.

sad really...

Crispin said:
Last night I had the pleasure of sitting in A&E for a few pointless hours. There was a guy there, guessing flooring or carpet layer based on padded knee pants, who looked perfectly fine. While he was waiting he was joking with another customer and throwing his head back in laughter, jumped up and did a brisk walk to the vending machine and got a cup of tea. Basically, nothing wrong with him physically.

After a conversation with the other customer, it became clear he had been in a car accident and was here so he could do all the right stuff to get his compensation. He was going to get as much as he could.

When the nurse came out it was the worse case of stiffening up I have ever seen. His neck seized up, the back curled to one side and he walked quite slowly. Clearly in agony. Once done and he was out, it was all ok.

It is people like him which have a lovely effect on it all. There are many and they walk amongst us.

There is an advertisement on the radio for an accident claim law firm which states "If you're the 12th case to be accepted this week, we'll send you on a weekend holiday."
Sh1t like that needs to be outlawed.

Dark Dude - we're all friends and on the same side here ;) :thumbup:

Crispin

About five years ago a London double decker bus went into the back of my Frontera. The speed of the combined impact was no more than 1 mph. The insurance claim then took about 18 months to bring to a successful conclusion. It was what happened next that REALLY unnerved both my wife and I. All of a sudden we started getting phone calls, text messages and e-mails from various ambulance chasers trying their best to get us to sign on the dotted line, that we had suffered "whiplash". On one occasion my wife was told over the telephone that she was "stupid" for not
"accepting for the money".

The only way that these accident claim law firms could have gotten our details would have been via the Insurance Industry. It seems that there is a roaring trade of selling and passing on the details of such "accidents" between various arms of the legal and insurance industry. At each a every stage, a invoice was raised and a mark up added.

The same thing happened during the the repair of my Fronty. If I had repaired the car myself the total cost would not have exceeded £500. The final (official) repair bill was 5 times that.

Then came our courtesy car which we had for three days. Total cost.:£1500!

And the list of the gravy trains goes on and on.........And guess who finally picks up the bill at the end of the line. The bank of the Average Joe (us), that's who!

The guys and girls in the car insurance industry would give pigs with noses deep in swill a bad name......

I can see how some folk in hard times could get sucked into signing their values away but there are no excuses for these scumbags in suits!

So I say, don't blame the player, blame the game.

John

Dark Dude said:
[quote="Crispin":18if9knq]
Sh1t like that needs to be outlawed.Dark Dude - we're all friends and on the same side here ;) :thumbup:
Crispin
All of a sudden we started getting phone calls, text messages and e-mails from various ambulance chasers trying their best to get us to sign on the dotted line, that we had suffered "whiplash".
The only way that these accident claim law firms could have gotten our details would have been via the Insurance Industry. It seems that there is a roaring trade of selling and passing on the details of such "accidents" between various arms of the legal and insurance industry. At each a every stage, a invoice was raised and a mark up added.
........And guess who finally picks up the bill at the end of the line. The bank of the Average Joe (us), that's who!
So I say, don't blame the player, blame the game.

John[/quote:18if9knq]
I had the same experience as you after my er, . . . slight :whistle: mishap wth a concrete Toyota garage wall :oops:

And four years on I'm still getting them after a cyclist ploughed into my car.

If you get text messages like that, from unknown numbers, you can forward them on to your service provider - on Vodaphone you forward it (including the 'from' number) to 87726 which is their 'anti-spam-text' tracking unit who are trying to stamp it out ...

ben said:
i blame these insurance hikes partly on the idiots who go crashing into 130+ grand Bentleys! :lol: :whistle:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:

Good contribution :thumbup:

Rob said:
ben said:

just trying to lighten the mood on a thread that was getting a bit heated! ;)

ben said:
Rob said:
ben said:

You forgot to mention concrete garage walls :oops:

ben said:
Rob said:
ben said:

No problem Ben but I started this thread precisely because I AM ANGRY! :evil:

The British stiff upper lip served us well during the 2nd World War but not now. It's time we started to organise and get serious on the car insurance industry ass.....Lightening the mood is ONLY going to lighten your wallet of a load of cash, once every 12 months.

John

Back