Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Inside door handle possible for rear door?

Dieseldragon

I'm turning my 90 into a mini camper for me and the girlfriend, it's only going to be used 1 or 2 nights at a time.
I will start building the interior in the next week or 2.
the basic set up will be a 1.2m platform, with a section of 60cm that will hinge onto the folded forward front seats. However this will make slight access problems, its easy to get in from the back, but no way to get back out!
Is it possible to mod the door handle to open from inside, or is there an emergency release?

I have seen some of the 7 seater lwb trucks with a factory fitted interior handle, but many don't have it. Perhaps swap over a salvage part from a breakers?

Check some of the overseas versions, in some countries its a legal requirement to have an internal handle to open the tailgate, I believe this may apply in australia.

As an aside, my 95 has been converted to allow sleeping inside, it'll be cramped in a SWB :)

I'm in Spain, it's hot here, so we will be outside all the time, I know it's a bit cramped but it's literally just a place to crash for the night.
I've looked at 2 friends 95's they don't have an internal handle.

tabledown.jpg

That's from an Ozzie site, note the handle to open the tailgate rather than the normal handle. Might be worth looking a jap imports to see if they have them then trying to source the parts

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My import didn't have a inside handle.
Was a pain when sleeping in the back.

Back