• 1) Increased

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
As a few members have said they are paying less I thought it might be interesting to find out how many members insurance costs have actually gone down

Mine went down untill i owned up & told em i'd picked up an SP30, then it went up, £195 up to £255 so can't really give a true vote.

Has been cheaper every year since I have started driving, dunno what you lot are complaining about :mrgreen:

Rob said:
Has been cheaper every year since I have started driving, dunno what you lot are complaining about :mrgreen:
lol-045.gif
"dunno what you lot are complaining about" Rob, really? almost everybody has been saying "Thieving Bast*rds" and you really don't know? :lol: :lol:

On a serious note. How old are you rob? We must be similar ages and i have had the same result as you have. Like i have mentioned before,i have had to ring around at times but ive managed cheaper every year. I havnt had any bumps (touch wood) but i have had speeding points nine over all.

Maybe a poll should be done with ages. Is it mainly the older drivers that are starting getting hit hard like the younger drivers are and the likes of me and rob are in the (safer) age group as the insurers may think? God knows.

I agree they are still rob dogs. Id rather pay 100pounds a year like everyone would like to.

Karl

I'm 26. I have been working my way up to faster cars starting with a 306 diesel and now an stupidly fast Volvo and it been getting cheaper every year. How old are you Karl?

BTW Chas, that was sarcasm...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Like Karl I used to have a trade policy. It was great, just log on to a website, add the reg number and it was insured. I had six vehicles on it at one stage. Now I can no longer get a trade policy my insurance was going to go up dramatically. Time to reduce the fleet.

Ian

Mine went down when I switched to the A8 and that's with them notified of the remap :D Then again I haven't had to add dodgy additional drivers on this policy that either knock down petrol pumps or turn their cars into flaming infernos :lol: (good job it wasn't a combination of those!)

Looked at the poll - should be a 3rd option of 'no change' because I've managed to keep mine within a few £ of each year's insurance. Took a hit with the initial mod list (15% increase, which I was fine with) but it's been static since.

Cheers

My insurance has steadily decreased over the years and that includes the "love letter" from my speed camara friends. :lol: To my dissapointment, 2011 insurance renewal went up about £150.... :o So the question I ask is why, why, why? The only 2 things that come to mind is:

1) At 35 I'm classed to be part of the " disillusioned, irresponsible and mid life crisis club" :thumbup:
2) My annual renewal fell not long after the time of the riots. So at this point I would like to thank :roll: all those wagon burning numpties, whom may or may not have contributed to an increase in insuance premiums across the board.

At the end of the day, I'm not to fussed what the cost is. As long as I can drive my cruiser(insured of course) :thumbup: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Renewed mine a couple of weeks ago - it had gone up by £30 or so from last year. I figured my time was worth more than trying to save £30, so didn't even shop around. :oops: Noticed a big jump last year, which maybe made the £30 increase this year easier to take :think:
Insurance on my other car has decreased each year for the past 2 years but that involved some shopping around. Obviously insuring a standard road car gives a much wider range of options, versus finding insurers happy to insure a modified 4x4 :violin:

Mine was £450 with some no claims. Truck caught fire, insurance paid out, renewal £800+. Went to 2gether insurance. Full story given, no 'no claims', new premium £390. With an apology that they couldn't get it lower as a new customer, but if I got a lower quote they'd try and see if they could do anything with the insurer. Pleasure to deal with.

I can't complain. I'd like to but I cant.

Chris

Well mine actually went up for the truck, though if you compare "like for like", then they actually went down, as I have had some mods done recently.

All in all, my insurance costs have gone down quite a bit but that is simply due to shopping around - if I simply accepted the renewal with my current insurer, then costs certainly would have increased. For example I got my Home insurance renewal through from More Than and it was £485 (building and contents), previous year was £330 or so....phoned around and Churchills came through at £144 for the same cover! :shock: :thumbup: Similar story for SWMBO's Yaris, renewal was nearly £300 up from around £160 the previous year. Shopped around and accepted a quote from Privilege for £180. :thumbup:

My default position used to be simply accept the renewal, that has now changed to never accept the renewal, until you shop around. :twisted:

Just had the renewal for my other toy, BMW 530d sport, £285 with that company for over 50s, phoned them & said i'm going to shop around, how does £250 sound was the reply, that'll do me.

Well by now everybody should know MY story and I'm afraid to say that I'm still angry and I'm not going to take it anymore. I personally don't know of a single person who's renewal went down compared to the year before so I'm VERY surprised at the closeness of the poll.

John

Dark Dude said:
Well by now everybody should know MY story and I'm afraid to say that I'm still angry and I'm not going to take it anymore. I personally don't know of a single person who's renewal went down compared to the year before so I'm VERY surprised at the closeness of the poll.

John

John,

I also don't doubt that many, if not most people's renewal quote will be higher than what they have currently paid. That just seems to be the industry standard practice these days. However what seems to be in no doubt is, that if you shop around, you are almost certain to get a cheaper quote for an equivalent policy.

As with many things, the initiative is with the buyer to find the best deal, rather than the seller to provide the best price.

Back