Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance for a day?

warrenpfo

Long Story short but the wife is a nanny for a family and has a car to use when she is at work (Discovery3) which has just been offered to us as a daily runner and for us to use on the weekends at our leisure.

This means that I could use the wife’s runner (Rav4) as my runner and the cruiser for play days or when I feel like it and so there is no need for me to have it insured on a perm basis. Is there a company that would offer the service of insurance for a short period maybe 50 days a year?

You might get lucky but when I asked to insure my motorbike for 6 months only, I was politely refused several times...

You must let us know if you do find something viable though :cool:

Yep. Loads. Just Google it Warren. Pretty cheap too. I was looking at insurance to collect a Cruiser if I bought one. You can get breakdown cover too and all the trimmings. I think there were deals starting at about £20.

Chris

You can use insure daily .co.uk but it is only third party insurance and the excess is quite high. and as Chris said its about £20 a day so over 50 days it works out very expensive but you might be able to get a limited mileage poilcy cheaper.

Joe

I have used www.tempcover.com for short insurance needs, fill in the details, pay up and you get a .pdf of your insurance document in seconds which in most post offices you can use for getting tax. Not amazingly cheap but a quick and easy way to be able to move cars around.

jonnie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back