Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

interesting read on ACL bearings

By the book your supposed to, and is good practice.

i and i know others have gone for the one size fits all. Taiho are available from milners.

ACL appear to be overpriced and over rated..

Millers big end bearings! I,ve heard every risk possible now lol.
Ive had a set of the taiho mentioned In the link for over 100000 miles. Will be interesting to see how there holding up..

Anyone know how much toyota bebs are?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
By the book your supposed to, and is good practice.

i and i know others have gone for the one size fits all. Taiho are available from milners.

ACL appear to be overpriced and over rated..

I'm looking at the order sheet for a set and they come numbered as 2-3-4-5-6.

does anyone know if there is a particular number of each or wether its just pot luck when you take them out ? Will i have 2x2 and then 3-4-5-6 for example or is it random.

Bearing_Number_Match.jpg

Toyota grind the journal and con rod roughly then make graded shells. The shells are easier to make accurately so that,s the cheapest way to go.

Toyota grind the journal and con rod roughly then make graded shells. The shells are easier to make accurately so that,s the cheapest way to go.

Cheers for that Frank. I've got a full set of ACL's but I am going for the Toyota ones instead.
I paid way too much for the stretch bolts (I can get the partsouk ones and just bring them with me in my luggage without all the post and import nonsense) I was hoping to just buy a set but i know now ill have to take the caps off, check the numbers and then order the corresponding replacements.

And also check, on assembly, with plasiguage. It's cheap and easy to use. Mistakes can be made during manufacture with the thickness of the shell. A very tight or very loose shell would be catastrophic.

Reactions: uHu
Back