Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior lights

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I have looked up the posts by Adrianr about fitting a light in the boot in the headlining,and that some have the wiring in place,but is it a definite that it was only in cars that didnt have the 3rd row of seats????,i had a quick look under the headlining but only in the centre didnt see anything(didnt strip right back to the left/right corners)but mine has the extra seats and is a uk spec.???

cheers gary

Mines a Jap with no rear seats and that bit of extra loom isn't in mine.

I thought mine was missing the wiring (see the sig line for spec) but it turned out I had not been far enough. You need to release the headlining all the way to the left (as you look forward) to find it.

When you get into the far top left corner, you'll see an access port in which you can see the wiring for the wipers etc in the top tailgate. If you give this a gentle tug :oops: , you may find a folded section of loom tuck down the port and secure back with a bit of tape. It's this section you need, Should have a rectangular connector on it.

HTH

HI Gary

Not sure all trucks had it - mine did have third row of seats at the start - Stef ended up with them, and my side steps which were going to get bent.

In hindsight i would get a different supply of led's - the cheap ones have some failed areas now (still very bright though. when they were failing they flashed which was "interesting").

I think ones for marine applications would be better made and most likely last much longer.

In the Summer, I mostly switch them off so I guess the LEDs will last a little longer. I figured that the cheepies might not last long. Figure I shall just buy in bulk. I like them that much!!

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back