Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior spec on 100 series.

wobbly

Garage
Hi

What year has the 100 series received an interior upgrade?

I'm looking at either a 54 or early 55 plate model for the lower VED, but wondering if a later 55 or 56 plate would have an facelifted interior?

Pete

IIRC the interior facelift came with the other changes such as 5spd box, new facia (with integrated screen) and such, which came in for the 2003 MY.

Don't think that the interior was updated again?

The facelift was from august 2002 production onwards. It's all in the FSM.
TMC does not have model years as such, although national dealers might assign such designations. The major upgrades for the 100 came in aug 2002, aug 2003, aug 2004 and may 2005.
fsm-intro.jpg

Thanks chaps.

Chadr - funnily enough, that was the one Ive been mulling over.

Is the 5 speed box worth holding out for?

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks chaps.

Chadr - funnily enough, that was the one Ive been mulling over.

Is the 5 speed box worth holding out for?

Pete

What a coincidence!! :icon-smile:

If my budget stretched to a 5 spd, I think I would personally hold out for one........from what I have read they drive a lot better than the 4spd and no TC issues either IIRC. They can be had for reasonable money - just ask Andy :icon-wink:

The 5-sp is deffo worth an extra 1k £.
5-speed without navi is the ultimate 100.
There is one thing tho which is better on the 4-sp w/o navi, and that is the controls for the hvac - proper knobs with tactile feedback. (Easier, safer, works better, faster, more logical, nicer to the eye, etc)

Is there a problem with the navigation system?

If its not fitted, what is in its place?

I dont need it, I use tomtom and a ram-mounted tablet with o/s maps, plus I never go anywhere new.....

Pete

I guess the 4sp is the A750F 'box - whats the code for the 5 sp?

5-sp is the 750
4-sp is 442 (on the diesel)

The problem with the navi is that it also controls the ventilation (hvac). So, if it fails, it's a required expensive repair/replacement. And you cannot chose to have a better navi or, even worse, a better sound system, without it beeing an add-on.

BTW, as far as I understand, it's easier to connect your ipod to the navi-radio than to the standard sound system in the non-navi.

Sorry for entering with my issues....
What ventilation controlled by the navigation system?
What do I need to know before I delete my navigation?

Mine is 2006 1HDJ-FTE VX
An "I go" navigation was installed before my time and it's not working with the touch screen (has remote control)
Maps were not updated for 6 years and I would like to delete it completely
For some reason it's took over control of few other screens -
The only ones that works is audio, trip info and climate!
Climate has its own issues but that's for another discussion

So what do I need to know before i mess with my navigation system?
I want to delete the add on and bring it back to normal or delete the navigation...
What options do I have?

Arnonmg

It is a bit inaccurate to say that the ventilation is controlled by the navigation system. What I should have said is that it is controlled on the same screen, and is built together in the same piece of hardware, with a common GUI.
I do not know how to get around it, but it should be possible to get some pieces from a non-navi version and modify the set-up. There is quite a bit written on mud about the issue.

Went to have a look at a 2003 model - old style dash - at £12,500 with 98,000 on the clock. Sold before I got there:icon-cry:

I think the car tax will be the issue, if I can get a late 55 plate rather than a 56 plate its £200 or so cheaper for virtually same age, I reckon ndividual condition is better than reg year anyway.

Pete

Perfect spec for me would be a 04/54/05/55 reg model - that way you get the 5 spd box and cheaper tax. Though I wouldn't say no to a 06/56/07/57 model if the price was right.

Definately go for 5sp ....I am so surpriced how smooth and fuel efficient it is running....-and I am comparing with my own 2001 that I have had from new!

LB

What mpg you getting?

Chadr - thats about right for me too,.

Prices on these looking good now.

My 5spd 100 does about the same mpg as my 80 manual. Both diesel. 30mpg at a constant 60 mph. Never had them do less than 24 mpg round town stop/start.

Thats good mpg.

My prado does low 20s around town, about 26 on a run.

My mileage isnt high though, maybe 7000 a year.

Back