Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introducing myself Samson77 from Kent

Samson77

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello - I'm new to this site (and don't join sites usually so not familiar with the protocols)... How can I contact Crispin or GeekOKent regarding my Landcruiser 80 series which I purchased after chucking my Range Rover. I live in Kent (UK) and have bought spare / used parts from Garry Rigby Breaker 80 but need to find another source - reliable !!! - here in the UK if possible... Thanks - hope this will get through to GeekOKent or Crispin. And please supply instructions on how to start using the Club Site :) Thanks

Always a good place to start Smason. Here:

Why do you need to contact Crispin? You cannot start personal messages yet with other members until you have sufficient posts. But if you need general advice someone will answer. Crispin is site admin and not a source of general Cruiser advice really.

What can we help you with? Please DO use the search function on here as there's little that has not been covered especially about spare parts. We have Karl. Chapel Gate and Toyota and Amayama etc as sources of spares.

Welcome to the group

Hello Samson,

myself & sam are both not too far from you with our 80’s in Sussex if that’s any help, not much we can’t do or havnt done with our trucks!
Post a few more details in the intro section , you’ll find all sorts of knowledge on this forum.

andy

Last edited:
Hello.

I think you found the right people already :)

Thank you each / all...
Like I said Forum protocols not something I'm familiar with - here or anywhere else - anyway your (collective) responses appreciated...

Whereabouts in Kent are you.. (Its a big County).....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sandwich or deal in East Kent - on the edge of Planet Thanet :) And you...?

Apparently I can't PM anyone but have to wait fro a 'response' from an open 'thread' like this one... Do Karl Webster or Chapel Gate stock NEW weather strips (chrome with black plastic covering) + clips for 4 doors 1993 80 series. Also NEW 'rubbers' that fit between the detachable wheel arches...

If not can anyone suggest where I might be able to source these (and in due course other) new items?
Thanks - Nick

I may have them. Andy's pmd so he may have already sorted you out with the bits needed I guess.

I'll be calling Chapel Gate on Monday - you too if you like.. Between you both I'm hopeful I can source new not secondhand parts.

I can't think of anyone better qualified to send it to me than you :)

Lived in Sandwich for years on a House boat, But now have got all mainstream and civilised, So now live between Sandwich and Deal in a small Village.... I used to like being Feral...:thumbup:

Hello Higgy - just realised this thread had continued beyond my last entry... My Landcruiser is down in Devon undergoing some major improvements (like fabricating front inner wings and cutting out rust patches on the rear sill / wheel-arch passenger side and around the rear tailgate and quarter windows. Hoping to get it back early September. Maybe we could get together for a coffee and a chat about this and that - inc LC's... I lived on a converted barge / houseboat on a canal near Yardley Gobion in Northants after a bust up with the in-laws. That was 30 years ago but I still remember that acute sense of being grounded (even though I was floating) and in the present: feeding the ducks and playing loud music (no neighbours the stretch of canal bordered a farm) with all the usual domestic responsibilities / preoccupations on an extended (4 month) hold... yes, it was a kind of feral freedom. These days I live next to a churchyard in the centre of God's Waiting Room (aka Sandwich) but escape to a hut on the beach at Kingsdown sometimes where - no surprise - I can still contrive to listen to loud music and escape the usual domestic responsibilities etc :)

Back