Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ironman vs. OME (Old Man Emu) suspension kits?

.... Give me two weeks and it should be on :)
Are you fitting it Mike? If so can you take a photo of how you arrange the rear shock washers/rubbers as I seem to have one large washer from each side left over.

Are you fitting it Mike? If so can you take a photo of how you arrange the rear shock washers/rubbers as I seem to have one large washer from each side left over.

No problem, will take some pics! Maybe take a pic and ask Chris @ FNB for his thoughts?

I am planning on fitting it myself, albeit with the help (well, equipment and workshop!) of a local guy too. Want to DIY as much as I can to learn what I can about the car, will then take it to JV @ Overland Cruisers for a final check over and any work that I don't fancy DIY'ing myself!

Paul did you put a plate washer either side of the lower bush?? I suspect that's your spare. The top has three plates and 2 bushes:

uploadfromtaptalk1428080664095.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428080687515.jpg

Aargh I now have the pic rotation pixie playing silly buggers ...

When I did mine recently. . There is like reinforced extra washer fixed to the top of heavy mount plate. So one above the top bush and one either side of the lower bush.. It's a nice job getting the two 14mm top mount bolts loose! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes I did mumble and mutter a bit lol

Last edited:
Paul did you put a plate washer either side of the lower bush?? I suspect that's your spare. The top has three plates and 2 bushes:
No Gary I didn't. I assumed the 2 large plates/washers are for the bottom but the centre hole in them means it would not slide unto the lower pin. So I left one of the original ones on there to make sure it has one each side, I have used one new one.

The top has three plates and two bushes as you say.

if anyone has any photos of assembling and fitted EFS shock mounts it would be good.

Yup came across the same issue. I've sent a mail to Chris. I used the one with the right sized hole a d put the lip facing back into the mounting am and tightened it all up :) hopefully not destroyed anything.

Paul, Gary & Mike, I have just sent you an email with photos and description of the order of assembly for you.
Generally, you should follow the order of dis-assembly, unless of course someone has played with it previously and got it wrong.
So the photos and notes should help sort it for you.
Any questions, send me an email or text again. I will be about the place but may not get back to you straight away, donning the welding helmet again today so won't hear the phone.
Cheers. Chris

.... I used the one with the right sized hole a d put the lip facing back into the mounting am and tightened it all up :) hopefully not destroyed anything.
Gary, the 'dome' of the washer should be facing away from the shock, this will allow the shock some movement during axle movement. If you have fitted it the other way DO NOT use your truck until you have turned it round because you have essentially 'clamped' your lower shock mounting.

Paul, Gary & Mike, I have just sent you an email with photos and description of the order of assembly for you.
Thank you Chris. It seems I have mine fitted correctly and there is indeed one washer in the kit that can not be fitted.

Please keep us informed of your opinions and experience of these products, best regards, Bill Westley

Last edited:
Yes I too have them set up correctly. Thanks Chris for sorting this on a Sunday - fantastic service!

My pleasure guys. Glad it's all OK.
Cheers

Whatever kit you go for i will say i thought fitting the castor correction bushes was worth it.

Back