Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

is it inevitable?

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Built a little workshop a couple of years ago to eliminate all possible excuses and get back on the old slog iron.
pretty inconspicuous so far..
20180708_183916.jpg

lets have a look inside...

boom!
20180708_183554.jpg

boom!
20180708_183611.jpg

boom!
20180709_080506.jpg

can barely get in the thing..

Last edited:
I call it ‘Tool Box Syndrome’, though I’ve found it applies equally to other containers, including homes.

The thought being that you get a tool box and it’s justvthe right size and doesn’t weigh too much even with the tools in. Then you want an extra tool one day and it ends up in the box. Many occasions like this later, the tool box is so full you can’t get the lid shut. So you buy a bigger tool box and the process begins all over again.

Our cabin is beginning to look like that. Must do something about that. Anyone looking for some quality office desks? :)

Yup - seems a natural phenomena to expand to fill the space available. Especially if women are involved...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My missus is always bagging up clothes,ornaments,crap etc to take to the charity shop. but they end up piled up in my w/shop.. every now and then il drag her down the w/shop to sort it but all she does is re bag up the stuff she didn't want to get rid of in the first place and takes it home. Its an endless cycle of bags being moved around then she has the nerve to complain when everything is covered in grinding sparks and welding burns... Drives me NUTS!! :rage::)

My wife is a compulsive hoarder. 30 years ago we moved to an old Farmhouse - six bedrooms, five public, various utility rooms and a brick 2-storey outbuilding the size of a four-bed house.

We use two bedrooms, the other four are stuffed full, the loft (huge) is full, the bedrooms we use have stuff piled up, downstairs the furniture has boxes and bags stuffed underneath, the hall is full of Grandchildrens' toys and 'stuff'. The outbuilding storage area (the upstairs) is full of her deceased relatives' furniture . . . .

GAAAAAAA . . She needs sectioning.

I have no idea where I would start if I had to clear it all (which I have threatened to do).

Bob.

My wife is a compulsive hoarder. 30 years ago we moved to an old Farmhouse - six bedrooms, five public, various utility rooms and a brick 2-storey outbuilding the size of a four-bed house.

We use two bedrooms, the other four are stuffed full, the loft (huge) is full, the bedrooms we use have stuff piled up, downstairs the furniture has boxes and bags stuffed underneath, the hall is full of Grandchildrens' toys and 'stuff'. The outbuilding storage area (the upstairs) is full of her deceased relatives' furniture . . . .

I have no idea where I would start if I had to clear it all (which I have threatened to do).

Bob.
Don't get me started on deceased relatives furniture, Queen Ann period shite piled everywhere...:mad:

Bob.
Bob, it’s just that you bought too big a (tool) box…

Some years ago we moved into the in laws before we emigrated & I volunteered to tackle the "garage" - basically a bungalow with garage doors on the front.After filling the Hi Lux & trailer twice on a tip run I started to sort through the dead fridges cookers washing machines & dishwashers.That trip to the scrappy paid the Diesel bur on returning it seemed that I had hardly made a dent. Spending 9 months living in a Transit camper with 2 kids cured us of the collecting junk bug & we deliberately built a small house for that reason.If you have space you then start vto think that accepting that free sofa from your brother that you don't need is a good idea...

I call it ‘Tool Box Syndrome’, though I’ve found it applies equally to other containers, including homes.

The thought being that you get a tool box and it’s justvthe right size and doesn’t weigh too much even with the tools in. Then you want an extra tool one day and it ends up in the box. Many occasions like this later, the tool box is so full you can’t get the lid shut. So you buy a bigger tool box and the process begins all over again.

Our cabin is beginning to look like that. Must do something about that. Anyone looking for some quality office desks? :)

Im alright for office desks at the moment.
might i interest you in a waxed pine rocking chair and a lovely drop leaf table with barley twist legs sir?

That’s why you never buy the missus a dress that’s too big!!
does the same rule apply if you buy one too small?

Im alright for office desks at the moment.
might i interest you in a waxed pine rocking chair and a lovely drop leaf table with barley twist legs sir?

does the same rule apply if you buy one too small?
Me Me, I want them, I want them,!!!:)

Bob, it’s just that you bought too big a (tool) box…
Ain’t that the truth? I have a huge double plus garage stuffed full of the kids ( all grown up and moved away) junk, “ just till we get straight” other junk “take it to a boot sale” still more junk “ oh, we can’t chuck that” well, guess what, I’m getting a skip, I’m gonna give them a month to take it, 1 day to view it on the drive, then, it’s skippy not the bush kangaroo . I’ve got a pillar drill I can’t use ‘cos of space, can’t get near my baby Myford super 7 lathe ( with attachments) and my new linisher is still languishing in its box, can’t get even close to my beloved Bultaco that’s gonna be restored better than new, do I sound a tad discontent? The reality is even the grandchildren call me Grumpy and ain’t that the truth? Best regards to all Bill Westley ( good topic by the way)

Ain’t that the truth? I have a huge double plus garage stuffed full of the kids ( all grown up and moved away) junk, “ just till we get straight” other junk “take it to a boot sale” still more junk “ oh, we can’t chuck that” well, guess what, I’m getting a skip, I’m gonna give them a month to take it, 1 day to view it on the drive, then, it’s skippy not the bush kangaroo . I’ve got a pillar drill I can’t use ‘cos of space, can’t get near my baby Myford super 7 lathe ( with attachments) and my new linisher is still languishing in its box, can’t get even close to my beloved Bultaco that’s gonna be restored better than new, do I sound a tad discontent? The reality is even the grandchildren call me Grumpy and ain’t that the truth? Best regards to all Bill Westley ( good topic by the way)

Go for it Bill, it’s time the “worm turned” so to speak, enough is enough!

These are your toys, and it’s a bloody shame if they’re sitting there unused just for the sake of the junk.

Saying that, I’ve a new bench grinder still in the box, and nobody to blame except myself, ‘cos I can’t get near the bench to mount it :lol:

Back