Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lanoguard - views from those that have used it?

Dave_S

Hi all

So, a couple of years back I paid a local motor body place to clean and treat the chassis on my Hilux. I gave it a good wash a couple of days ago and overall the work done has held up well and the chassis still looks pretty-much rust free. There are a few places where paint has been chipped/scrapped, so I guess its time this summer to go over it again.

Looks like quote a few people have been using Lanoguard recently and was thinking of giving this a go as it seems like a decent DIY option.

So - to those that have used Lanoguard, how has it held up? Have you needed to do repeat applications? And would you use it again, or try something else?

Thanks all

Dave S

...and is Fluid Film similar to Lanoguard?

This will be my third year using Lano - I've been impressed with it. Proper application each year and a half hearted top-up after 6 months. I use a compressor to put it on and probably put on more than I need to - but it does the job and also has a nice finish to it

I put it on the underside of the 105 in late summer 2021, topped up a few months ago. Good stuff, warm up slightly and it goes on easy.

Nice finish Karl ?

I assumed it was clear so would just add a wet look for a time ?

It was @SamW who recommended it. He uses it to good effect on his 80 and Buddy. Both seem to be aging well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I assumed it was clear so would just add a wet look for a time ?
It looks wet until it goes off - normally about 24 - 48 hours. instructions said it dries to a candle like finish it is clear which is why i chose it so i can keep an eye on things. I have just started using it - was really surprised how fast it goes on and the hand trigger sprayed on the long hose into the 5 litre bottle is great, works on all angles.

Back