Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this the OBD port?

mr_magicfingers

Could someone please confirm if this socket is the OBD port on my 2001 Colorado. It's just above the left footrest plate as I have an auto.

IMG_6628_zpsmykcdhwn.jpg

If so, does anyone know if it's OBD2 compliant? I'm looking to get a bluetooth or wifi dongle to be able to send the output to something like DashCommand on a iPhone, partly to be able to check any error codes but also to see what the engine is doing from time to time.

The dongles seem to be pretty cheap now and the software is available for most smartphones. Just need to know if the dongles are compatible with the port on my Colorado.

Thanks.

Yes, that's the OBD port.
It is probably not obd2 though, but M-OBD, t0yotas own take on it. You need either a t0yota tester or TechStream to read it.
Don't know specifically for the 90, but generally the diesels had only M-OBD up to 2005-6 or something like that.

Damn, guess you need a PC and some software or an expensive reader. Shame, running DashCommand on the phone would have been very handy.

TechStream w adaptor is 30 $. And you need a PC, prefrbly an old laptop running XP. (If you don't have one, get one for free from any IT manager you might know, or your aunt Paula)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back