Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Isle of man TT 4 wheel speed record

Mark is a local lad, been driving round there for years. I had two days of rally driving lessons with him some years ago in Wales. Thought I was pretty quick in trees, Then he drove me round :shock:
Talk about near death experiences. He told me that he couldn't have gone any faster in that car. Could have fooled me.

Chris

Thinking of making a challenge in the hundee Jon?? :cool:

lol need something a bit special in the 100 to make it go that fast and keep it on the road.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh I dunno, you can get that chap up to some reasonably spectacular speeds when you try... Maybe take the living room off the top for the attempt :lol:

Living room is in storage :) going that fast isn't all that hard (in the right car) it's not putting it in the wall when it gets a bit out of shape like his 'moment' that make the good drivers really good and the rest of us just wannabes.

Absolutely stunning bit of driving. Reminds me of when I was taken around a special stage in Telford in a Opel Mantra by the great Alistair McRae. On that occasion I had the be helped out of the car afterwards and didn't utter a word for a full 48 hours.....I was scared xxxless.

Alas the question must be asked. How fast do you (Jon) think you could get your LC100 around the Manx TT route within putting it in a wall?

John

The Dark Dude

No idea John, but it would seem excruciatingly slowly compared to that video, even if I could nurse it through the bends at a decent pace it doesn't have the top end.

Last week some fool in a Porsche 911 tried to play chicken on the main drag coming back from Camden and my (two tonne) truck left him and it standing, proving that my 4.7 V8 powerplant is indeed a mighty beast. What I'd really like to do is have a go on the Rabbit Run between Dudley and Telford before changing my slicks to All Terrain boots.

JC

The Dark Dude

The rabbit run is good for 155+ in the right car but not in your 100 ;)

Jon

Well obviously I don't intend to push my LC100 that hard but I do want to push it, a little. I used to love doing this run in my Classic Range Rover (2.5 Peugeot intercooled).

BTW: I'm picking up a Rear Load Shelf just down the road form yours next month, so put the kettle on.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

JC

The Dark Dude

Chris, where's Mark from then ? I guessed he was quite local as the link I posted was sent by a mate of mine who claimed to know him !

Back