Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Its beginning to bite !!

I filled up both cars on the weekend. I recon this is going to be round 2 at a much higher price point. As much as I hate the thought, £2 a litre sounds realistic. Thanks Mr Putin

With the price going up, seemingly by the hour, maybe it's people rushing to fill there tanks and beat further increases.

I drove across to Germany this weekend in the van and diesel was 2.38 Euro in parts of Belgium and Germany.
It’ll probably end when putin gets what he wants.

Goes to show that not only is buying Russian oil indirectly causing war in Europe but it's also ruining the environment.

Bought diesel last week @ £1.60 ltr, from our local garage as I was doing a trip, just bought more exactly a week later from same garage @ £1.73 ltr, and there were quite a few cars, vans and one 7.5t tonner in there.
Normally mainly cars, never seen a truck in there !
I see more shortages and queues just round the corner, and many not being able to work !!

I top up the LC tank when it gets to 3/4 full and last did so last week at 157. I also fill 3 cans with E5 SU for the bikes which was 161 a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing that stuff'll be over 180 now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A local garage was shut so i returned the next morning and the cashier said there ain't no shortage and he's not putting up with the queues again so he just shut shop .

Heating oil where I live has gone up from 59p/ltr to £1.10 since the invasion, and they over 1200 orders in backlog!

On the basis of " bite the bullet" philosophy I filled the 100 camping Cruiser up @ £147p . It took 148 litres to fill both tanks on top of what was already in. This however will take me over 1000 miles so should last all summer for the LC meetings.
I wish now I hadn't sold the Yaris D4D, with the increase in fuel cost and higher consumption in the 120 its costing 5x as much for Maria's commute to work.

Cherry has gone up from 70p a litre to 110p a litre and heating oil is around the 120p a litre mark in the Mendip area and petrol and derv are 154 at the local tesco and it seems the haulage industry is being targeted for fuel theft so diesel is the new landrover for getting knocked off

My Old Gaffer (Farmer) will be moaning his Head off as per usual... For 20 years all i ever heard him say Was "Do 'Yer' Know how much That Costs"...

It's not the cost Higgy as its already paid for its the replacement cost that's the one that really bloody hurts

Just topped up the LC at Morrisons @ £152.7/L and filled some cans with E5 SU @ £1.56.7/L which is more than I paid last week at another local station! No queues and all pumps bar one E10 working. :think:

Apparently we only get 6% of our crude oil from Russia... Not sure how many litres 6% is.... Im guessing a lot

Heating oil where I live has gone up from 59p/ltr to £1.10 since the invasion, and they over 1200 orders in backlog!
get drilling jake lad!

rinse that north sea for every drop of oil and gas!

It's not the % we get from Russia, but its the embargo that the US and others are now playing on it.. that makes the suits in the stock exchange nervous and the rate for Brent Crude futures skyrockets.. we haven't seen the last of it yet.. There will have to be government intervention on fuel duty soon to keep hauliers in business.

Putin seems to have nuked himself.

The Rouble is in free fall, worth half what it was a week ago.
Where is he going to store all the oil and gas the west are not buying? There's going to be a limit to that.
The Russian people are starting to feel the squeeze now, with their daily lives impacted. Only a matter of time before the protests get violent. Then he'll need the Army back to help control it.
He's single handedly done more to strengthen NATO, than anyone in recent history. Ironic, that the threat of NATO expansion was one of his reasons for the invasion.
The Western countries dependant on his oil have now accelerated plans to move away from it.
You could go on and on....

Putin will certainly leave a legacy, just not the one he wanted.

I just feel sorry for the poor Ukrainian and Russian civilians caught up in this sh1tstorm :disappointed:

Back