Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Its beginning to bite !!

Chad - best summary I've seen in the last couple of weeks. Putin has royally screwed the pooch on this one - completely underestimated the Ukranian people.

If NATO decided to admit Ukraine as a member NOW (do they have Associate Membership ?) it would mean that Putin would face a far bigger force than his. Of course it would also mean the end to fine words and sanctions and would require some action. That, I think, is where my plan falls down as no-one would put their money where their mouths are.

As always - the spectators make the most noise.

Bob.

The eternal enemy of convenience sat on top of the worlds resources , there will never be a better time to ...................

I feel sorry for the Russian people though , its not their doing . I tried to work it out as best i can and currently the average wage is about £300 a month . No doubt he has turned his own army against him .

That is a huge risk for a virtual dictator, when his guns turn against him. Only takes one bullet and someone sensible to take control and everything goes back to normal apart from all the displaced people and damage.

Call me cynical, but this is a war between the US & Russia, it’s Uncle Sams intent to de-stabilise and devalue Russia, and unfortunately the battleground is Ukraine. Boris & Biden will have us reliant on US hydrocarbons costing us far more, while some back door deal will have them get fatter and fatter. This whole mess and the countless wasted human lives could have been avoided with the West actually listening and discussing seriously with Russia rather than using Ukraine to poke the cat. Putin is a dick and should be held accountable for his war, but so should Ukraine for the genocide and constitutional discrimination it’s been committing in Donbas. No mention of the 14000+ killed there, despite the Minsk agreements and fighting there for 8years
We have family in both Russia and Ukraine, some will now never meet again, or even speak to each other

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Irish Government announced taking a chunk off the price of fuel by decreasing fuel excise duty from midnight.. guess what... some stations have upped their price by just that amount this morning... ordinary joe is caught every way

Irish Government announced taking a chunk off the price of fuel by decreasing fuel excise duty from midnight.. guess what... some stations have upped their price by just that amount this morning... ordinary joe is caught every way
That's just plain greed and opportunism. Money grabbing barstewards.

Not always easy I know, especially if you're in a rural area with limited filling stations but people should vote with their feet and buy fuel from other stations and continue boycotting them in future.

I saw it on a journey this morning collecting a scissors lift. Diesel near home at 1.94, then 75km away in a town close to Dublin, Diesel at 2.15... bonkers stuff.

Must remember to ask one of my drivers to check the board at the notorious Gulf garage on Sloane Avenue tomorrow. Reckon it'll be over £3.

I've just watched a vid of a guy flying from Liverpool airport to Lisbon Portugal, the fella did't have a face mask and had to buy one to fly... He bought one in the airport for £20!

If you need something then it's gonna cost you a lot more than it did a month ago! That's shite!

Can anyone beat this?

Screenshot_20220310-135514-562.png

Chelsea. Also turns out that was for petrol - diesel was £2.35!

Still £1.56 this morning inc VAT. Different when you're filling 2 trucks, £950 for the 2, back tomorrow morning. At present its well cheaper at the pumps than the bulk fuel supplier who quoted £167 + VAT. I don't know what planet they are on.

Back