Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's good bye time

Sag

Well finally giving in to my neighbor and letting Bertha go as he's just been round and offered me £3000 for her and come round every day nagging me to let him have her,so just like to say thank you to everyone for all the help and advice you have given me as its been a massive help it really has,il still be on the forum as even though I've never actually met any of you,you have all been great and very welcoming and friendly,I will be sad to see her go as she has been lovely to have and great fun but £3000 for her I know il never get that offered if I do advertise her :( you never know I might one day get another you never know :icon-rolleyes: .thanks again all can't say it enough :thumbup:.

You'll get another, pity you never met anyone as there are plenty of us about.
Take care for now:thumbup:

You will regret it and i reserve the right to say i told you so when your back on here looking for another .

I'm sure your thanks is appreciated by all and you may still meet some of us in the future while searching for another cruiser :lol:

So goodbye to Bertha and Sag remains lurking in the wings...

Stay on-board mate, once bitten .... and all that.:thumbup:

That came out of the blue - well for me at least!

I'm sure you will be back at some point in the future.

All the best.

Thanks all,it wasn't something I was looking at doing at all,I've just had the rear axel done big plates welded on to strengthen it and the new steering rack so really it was faultless to be fare,but she only got used for the school run and she gobbled fuel for that and they will be only 3 of us in it very soon as my other son is going for his test in a couple of months so when he offered that I thought well maybe it's time to down size,well at least for now:icon-rolleyes:.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lurking in the wings rocking back and forth drooling every time someone posts a pic :violin:

Well the lad what's bought my motor just went to insure it and been quoted £1800 he's heart broken and as good as cried as will not be able to get it on the road now till next year poor lad,I felt that sorry for him I've offered him the money back but he's scared il sell it someone else before that but what more can I do,I can't do it to him as my heart won't let me,I've said if he comes round on Saturday il see what we can do to help try get a better insurance quote but found out he's only got 2 years no claims and only 22,I said I thought you'd got it sorted but he said I just thought it would be about the same as my focus :icon-rolleyes: what more can I do.:think:i think I've just got too soft of heart.but got to admit I was kind of regretting it looking at her sat in my garage and the above comments (SHAYNE) think il just blame you to the wife as she set her heart on the wait for it 60 plate mondeo 2.2 td titanium x.

Not guilty your honour i didn't say 3 grand won't get you another cruiser as good as yours because you have already repaired or replaced all the usual suspects , and a 3 grand mundano will be worth a few hundred quid in two years time . Nope wasn't me :whistle:

Only you know what will work in your house though mate it just surprised me is is all i think most on the forum are aware how much your truck means to you .

You need to be careful with the Ford common rail diesels. I don't know if that model is affected but they were getting to around 70,000 miles and the Injection pump would destroy itself internally sending microscopic metal particles into the rest of the fuel system. Only reliable course of action (get this) is to replace the WHOLE fuel system, pump, pipes, hoses, injectors, fuel rail, tank, filter and filter housing. Cost, about £2,500. Apparently the fragments are so fine they can get through the filters.

Well the lad what's bought my motor just went to insure it and been quoted £1800 he's heart broken and as good as cried as will not be able to get it on the road now till next year poor lad,I felt that sorry for him I've offered him the money back but he's scared il sell it someone else before that but what more can I do,I can't do it to him as my heart won't let me,I've said if he comes round on Saturday il see what we can do to help try get a better insurance quote but found out he's only got 2 years no claims and only 22,I said I thought you'd got it sorted but he said I just thought it would be about the same as my focus :icon-rolleyes: what more can I do.:think:i think I've just got too soft of heart.but got to admit I was kind of regretting it looking at her sat in my garage and the above comments (SHAYNE) think il just blame you to the wife as she set her heart on the wait for it 60 plate mondeo 2.2 td titanium x.

The lad must be soft in the head !! Buying a truck without knowing what the insurance was going to be, its not like he didn't know about car insurance. He has to weigh up if its viable to pay £35 a week ( a fiver a day, every day) to insure a vehicle before it turns a wheel. personally I wouldn't, even at my time of life pay that to insure anything.

Thanks for the heads up on that Starcruiser ,this is what I love about this forum:thumbup:,well just have to see what happens on Saturday but already looking at the 2" lift for her :doh:in my head it's like a blessing in disguise lol

Well Bertha has gone as got offered over 3k for her today off a trader will miss her but needs must at the moment as going to start buying and selling a few motors so will help me get abit of stock.had to look at some sort of different work due to my problems I've got and still wanted to do something with cars,so thought why not.
ive got some new and used parts I will be putting up on here tomorrow as I will give the forum members first dibs.
as said above il still be on here as you are an awesome lot.
image.jpeg

Always sad to see a car go. Regretted it almost instantly when I sold Lil 'Blue on...

Don't get me wrong was sad to see her go,but for what she was used for the school run only a couple of mile each way was costing a fortune,and wasn't good for her to be fare,the money from her will help me get started in selling a couple of cars to make ends meet till my health hopefully gets on the mend and keep me out of my wife's hair lol.

I'm sorry for the 2nd time - jeez you do like to drag these things out don't you!! ;)

Please drop me a line when you have a moment, as I might be interested in the spares - though I'm not bothered about anything specific for the diesel.

Reactions: Sag
Hi buddy, I know but he phoned and asked and needs must if you know what I mean.
some of the bits I've got and they will proberbly be more,I've got the original head lights and indicators,rear axel bump stops brand new and 1 inner rubber cone which sits inside the rear coil Spring brand new,I'm sure I've got some brand new mintex front pads oh and the original rear upper lamps. Just let me know what your interested in and a sensible offer and il get them posted.Il get some photos up asap just been really busy at hence the delay.​

Hi Mate, thanks for listing those bits, unfortunately I don't really need any of them, (not that that has stopped me buying stuff in the past), so I'm out I'm afraid but I'm sure you'll be able to sell those quite easily and quickly.

All the best.

Reactions: Sag
Back