Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I've been shopping

Ironman winch?

C

Yep, Ironman Monster 12,000lbs and a few goodies that were cheaper when bundled with the winch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Spoke too soon, it doesn't fit! Thought with my ARB commercial bumper there was tons of room but no, due to the angles of the bumper the ends of the winch hit so will need to make a spacer to move it back slightly. Will use longer bolts and tube for now but really needs a proper plate made up. Wonder if there are proper ones available?

Couldn't see anything on their website

Call the head office Paul. :icon-wink:

ARB Corporation Ltd
42-44 Garden Street
Kilsyth VIC 3137
Australia
Tel: 03 9761 6622
Fax: 03 9761 6807

Looking at the Ironman advert for there new winches in the latest Pat Callinan magazine they do look good. They've got a lot of nice features. They market it as being the only winch on the market to have a breather fitted and comes with a length of breather tube.
I also like the clutch lever which is slime line meaning you can mount it either way meaning you might not have to take it apart to turn the gearbox round like is sometimes the case when fitting them in ARB bumpers. :clap:

I'm very tempted to get one of the 12,000LB ones for the front of LJ. :think:

Cant decide between one of these, a low mount Warn or Mean Mother. :?

http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/mwinch12.html

Last edited:
Spoke too soon, it doesn't fit! Thought with my ARB commercial bumper there was tons of room but no, due to the angles of the bumper the ends of the winch hit so will need to make a spacer to move it back slightly. Will use longer bolts and tube for now but really needs a proper plate made up. Wonder if there are proper ones available?

i had the same issue with my Superwinch, which was easily overcome by spacing it back about 8mm with two strips of plate about 15mm wide, the appropriate thickness and long enough to "bridge" between the top and bottom winch mounts.

Obviously longer bolts to accommodate the extra 8mm I needed.

I would guess you'd need something similar. If you need a photo (which you don't really) I'll take some pics tomorrow.

PS I've recently had the pleasure of 3 days on the IOW visiting all the places I remember from my childhood (mother born in Ryde and the place littered with aunts uncles and second cousins!), as beautiful as ever! :icon-biggrin:

Fitted some goodies today, winch, hi-lift and hi-lift mountings on the roof rack, not sure I like it there though but will give it a try.

P1030882_zpsb774737c.jpg

P1030881_zps38cd1c61.jpg

Back