Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I've just been reprimanded!

Zeusv8

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: Zeusv8
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 18:59
Subject: land cruiser club .net ...
They don't promote the tlocuk - we don't promote them.

It hardly helps when people log in here and try to redirect members claiming "try over there - it's more active" ...

a. that's not true
b. it will be, if people keep re-directing other members.

Please don't do it - they were set up in direct 'competition' and a number of their founding members have been quite aggressive in their attempts to 'poach' tlocuk members - I'm afraid I won't allow promotion of their 'club' within these forums.

Thanks for your understanding.

Simon

No doubt he'll be on here reading this and banning my ass from the "other" site! HELLO KARL WEBSTER

I'm registered on that site too, didn't realise I'd become "property" and someone owns me.

All you were trying to do was help the chap solve his problem by directing him to a site with way more traffic and knowledgeable people.

Pity it was not seen that way.

Don't think we set this up "in competition" we did it because, well, I can't remember now. 'cause it was fun? :)

Sorry Crispin, wasn't it because he was being a kn*b? :lol:

Chris

Strange that I don't think I'd have a problem if someone on here mentioned his site.

Hey why don't you all go and check out www.tcock.co.uk - it's really great and apparently far busier than here. How would he know that? Maybe he's looking at the old site. That would be funny.

Hah.. you get this going on whichever forum you are on. Its a familiar story.

Besides. Everyone knows that shropshire-suzuki.co.uk is the friendliest forum on the web.. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He runs the site too strictly I posted ads and got a bollocking so can't be arsed with it

Hey everybody why don't you all sell your Landcruisers and buy Hilux's (not surfs pah!) and join www.hpoc.co.uk we have jelly and ice cream:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Sorry Crispin, wasn't it because he was being a kn*b? :lol:

Chris

Strange that I don't think I'd have a problem if someone on here mentioned his site.

Hey why don't you all go and check out www.tcock.co.uk - it's really great and apparently far busier than here. How would he know that? Maybe he's looking at the old site. That would be funny.

Seconded
Well said :lol:

Seems wherever you go there are inter forum rivalries. I'm a moderator on a Land Rover forum and we get it all the time - especially since its one of the bigger forums.

I think it is pointless to "protect" like that. The crowds will go where they tend. There are a quite a few factors which can you, the admins and mods can do to help push them away but there are few things you can do to make them stay; that's up to them and the rest of the community.

Reprimanding people for silly things, reading their private messages, editing their posts (for your humourous gain - ebay/snorkel one sticks in my mind) is certainly going to make them go elsewhere - not like it's the only LC forum out....

I think it is pointless to "protect" like that. The crowds will go where they tend. There are a quite a few factors which can you, the admins and mods can do to help push them away but there are few things you can do to make them stay; that's up to them and the rest of the community.

Reprimanding people for silly things, reading their private messages, editing their posts (for your humourous gain - ebay/snorkel one sticks in my mind) is certainly going to make them go elsewhere - not like it's the only LC forum out....

Exactly.

I joined here and at tloc at the same time. I'm here several times a day, vs once or twice a week over there. Enough said :whistle:

The main differences for me is the activity, banter in the lounge, trip reports and actual events. It seems that the Founders here have and continue to put in a lot of effort behind the scenes to keep things purposeful which gives this Forum identity and life. Plus it didn't cost me £25.

On the other side I certainly don't feel I got anything of value in return for my dosh and there seems very little activity or contribution from the Owner Founder, Forum members of course contribute too but the "feel" of the place is what makes people want to participate in my view.

:thumbup: Them's my thoughts too Trevor. :thumbup:

As a newbie I joined both within a day of each other (found here second) and all I can say is its nice to have a response to posts....
Its made me feel like I can ask for and get support here when I need it which to me is half of what forums are about. The other half is sharing my own knowledge with others.

Like I said in an earlier thread this site has a lot less members but a lot more traffic. And a question gets answered within hours not days.
Oh and I got a Toyota mug as well.

Cheers
Phil

I think I have had a few of them also.
So I am also special !!

Gra.

Attachments

• tlocuk.jpg
    tlocuk.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 70
  • tlocuk2.jpg
    tlocuk2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 88
Interesting dialogue Graham, however I am surprised you still use the other site:icon-confused: (I assume this was recent dialogue)

Last edited:
Interesting dialogue Graham, however I am surprised you still use the other site:icon-confused: (I assume this was recent dialogue)

Why wouldn’t you use the other site? I am a member of more than just one forum, as I’m sure others members here are.

Back