Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jet Tent Bunker

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Just ordered myself 2 of these!
Fantastic piece of kit !

Saw a version of these at the 4x4 show this year. Was tempted myself. Then I remembered that I live in the UK. And I thought, nah. Not in this country. It would have the top on all the time, Arctic bag inside, socks on, hot water bottle ...

They make nice stuff. It's very heavy duty and well, heavy. But here the prices are just ridiculous.

Yep not the most ideal piece of kit for European weather, but we sweated our cods off last year beneath a Fibreglass clamshell tent, despite having all the sides open.

Smaller than an Oztent and should be cooler in the heat. oh and you're right, the prices here are nuts!

Looks great. :clap:

I want one! :drool:

I will find out on Monday how much one will cost me at trade price. :dance:

Yep not the most ideal piece of kit for European weather, but we sweated our cods off last year beneath a Fibreglass clamshell tent, despite having all the sides open.

Smaller than an Oztent and should be cooler in the heat. oh and you're right, the prices here are nuts!
We run a 12v electric fan clamped to the tent frame to keep us cool, makes a huge difference.

Yep we thought of a fan too Jon, so got one for the next trip. The bunker will allow us more flexibility to not HAVE to use the RTT so we can set up camp and then go on game drives without having to pack away stuff. Its also nice to sleep under the stars with proper mozzie protection.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Has anyone looked at Black Wolf from Australia? The canvas versions (also available in nylon) are simply brilliant - 30 second erection plus another 2 minutes to add a flysheet /porch and peg down. Full head room and warm in the cold whilst well ventilated in the heat (used ours in the desert).

Has anyone looked at Black Wolf from Australia? The canvas versions (also available in nylon) are simply brilliant - 30 second erection plus another 2 minutes to add a flysheet /porch and peg down. Full head room and warm in the cold whilst well ventilated in the heat (used ours in the desert).

Which tent have you got Chris? :think:

http://www.blackwolf.com.au/category/Tents/2

Where I worked on the Central coast had 10 or so of the Turbo's in 200, 240 and 300 sizes for hire tents.

Given I was around there for 2 years, and we were only just starting to replace them as the worst were wearing out, they're pretty bomb proof.

Things to watch for:
-The nuts on the pivots work loose over time
-The plastic clips for the outer would break occasionally (how much of that was user error, I'm not sure)

Make sure you season them well; I'd put them up in the yard every so often and soak them with the hose; once dry they were good for a while again.

If this is your kind of sleeping arrangement check out the IRONMAN SWAGBAGS.
Far easier to erect & pack and no way as fiddly.The
SWAGBAGS are available in 2 sizes!

Available from: www.rocknroad4x4.com based in Preston, Lancashire

Last edited:
Back