Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Joined the ranks of the Landcruiser owners

55palfers

Garage
Signed on the line for a Landcruiser on Saturday. Test driven lots of 4x4 over the past month or so but the bulletproof Toyota reliability aspect won me over. There's also the rarity value as there's not that many about.

It's a 2007 LC4, 50K, one owner, at a Toyota main dealer and with 12 months Toyota warranty.

It's blue with grey leather. Not grey, black or silver but blue! To me, it drove really well. Comfy, if a bit bouncy, engine a tad gruff but seemed quite gutsy. Quiet and well equipped. Sat-nav, sun-roof, good stereo, etc., etc.

Mind you, I saw it as it was when it arrived as a part-ex.

Bearing in mind this was a £38K (?) car when new, the owner hadn't cleaned it since it left the forecourt. Clearly he was an agricultural type as it was full of grass, hay, mud, dog hairs, stones, and a number of other items of detritus I couldn't identify.

The garage have had it for a few days and cleaned it up up sufficiently for me to drive it this morning - but it still stinks of dog and farmyard and there's a huge amount of "detailing" needed to get it fit to sell.

The dealer is very good and and has agreed a number of paintwork jobs, door seal replacements, etc., along with a full seats and carpets out job for full sanitisation clean and fettle.

I've left a refundable deposit and we agreed they'd call me in a week or so when I can judge if it's OK.

I'll keep you posted with developments.

welcome hopefully it will clean up nicely. you should then have a LC to be proud of.

Excellent. Welcome to the forum. Have a look in the 120 section for buying tips - and don't forget to put your location in the details of the side bar. It helps if we know roughly where you are when trying to help with stuff.

Chris

Good purchase I hope.

How much did you agree the sale price?

Gra.

was wondering what all the jokes were about :lol:
Link does not work though.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still not working.

Evening chief...wondered how long it would be before you arrived here :whistle:

Last edited:
Welcome!

I always like the way Solihull is near to Birmingham... and it's the epicentre of the oval... and it's occupants buy LCs! :lol::clap:

I'm a born & bred Sheldonite who misspent his youth at Solihull Ice-Rink and worked for three years at the LR plant! Long long time ago...:violin:

Enjoy your LC and I hope the damp dog syndrome fades fast!

Would it be this one 55

2.png

1.png

4.png

3.png

5.png

Looks good, not seen too many blue ones.
The most of them seem to be silver.

Gra.

Welcome!

I always like the way Solihull is near to Birmingham... and it's the epicentre of the oval... and it's occupants buy LCs! :lol::clap:

I'm a born & bred Sheldonite who misspent his youth at Solihull Ice-Rink and worked for three years at the LR plant! Long long time ago...:violin:

Enjoy your LC and I hope the damp dog syndrome fades fast!

Greetings

There is a very good curry restaurant near the ice rink that I use almost every week. Small world

Chris

Yup, that's the one

If you look at pic #4 you can see the grime in the speaker grill!

It might be worth taking the door card off and poking the the dirt out from the inside.

Back