Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Joined the ranks of the Landcruiser owners

True, very true. Is it a LC5? Looks very nice indeed

No tinted windows so looks LC4 - no rear diff lock and stubby lever has centre diff switch above it....

Ah yes and no air suspension switch...

LC4

Potentially it's nice - the bodywork is very good aside from a million scratches behind the door handles and and on the tailgate handle.

Greetings

There is a very good curry restaurant near the ice rink that I use almost every week. Small world

I'm going back too far for curry houses. I was one of the first through the door when they built the Ice Rink, circa 1965 at a guess. It was cod & a 6 of chips (6d in old money) across from the Wagon & Horses in those days. Fish was 10d and with the chips 1 shilling 4d = 7p in today's money. I earned 10 shillings a day on my Saturday job at Neils the bike shop on the Coventry Road, 50p a day. :lol: Can't remeber the name of the chippy.

The car looks like it will scrub up nicely. Nothing wrong with good honest dirt, as long as it washes off!

What are your plans? Mods or keeping it standard?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Wagon and Horses burnt down and there's an Aldi store there now.

Haven't decided on what to do yet Clive. It's my first 4 x 4, so uncharted territory for me.
I do about 20K miles for work and usually buy a big comfy cruiser with my car allowance, but I really wanted something completely different this time.
Very nearly bought a ML 320 but had a spin in a few of these and was suprised by how well it drove. Don't see many about either!

Will probably just fit some extra lights as a starter for 10.

The Wagon and Horses burnt down and there's an Aldi store there now.

Will probably just fit some extra lights as a starter for 10.

Sounds like an insurance job on the Waggon & Horses!

I'll be in Sheldon in May 2013 for my Mom's 90th birthday so I'll keep my eyes peeled for the "blue one".

You'll enjoy the LC and if you keep on this forum, they'll have you with a suspension lift and big wheels in no time!

Keep us posted :thumbup:

Just back from the Toyota garage.

To be fair, they've done a really good job of cleaning it up. There was a nasty mark about 10 x 4 inches on the carpet right by the tailgate that wouldn't shift, so they've put a new load tray in to cover it up.

On a drive, Mrs P reckoned she could still get a faint canine whiff, but all I could detect was cleaning products.

Without prompting, the salesman offered to have it back and re-treat it if I did notice anything after a few weeks or so.

So chaps, looks like I'm picking it up on Thursday as they have yet to fit me a Parrot kit, tax it and swap the wheels (with never heard 'em of tyres) for a much, much better set with newer Bridgestone tyres that were fitted to another used LC on their yard. Cheeky, but if you don't ask you don't get.

As I'm not p/exing anything, he's going to pick me up from work and take me to the garage too.

Got to say that compared to some Mercedes-Benz dealers I've bought from over the years, this lot have been very good. Took them a while perhaps, but they got it sorted.

I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday

Back