Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Josh just bought a brand new 76. AKA "The Bulletproof Build"

joshinthecity

Country Flag
australia
Hi All.
As per the title, and obviously I'm pretty excited.
2021 model. Sandy Taupe.

The build brief will be to create a "bulletproof" tourer. Don't need a crawler on portals. Need something that can be a member of the family for 10+ years and do it all. Reliably.
I have a hell of a list of things that will happen over time.

But my first 3
1: I need to resolve the alternator situation ASAP. I'll be doing quite a few moderate water crossings, and I can't have a blown alternator. At the moment, I'm looking at the sealed water-cooled units from Perth Diesel Performance. However the eye watering price tag obviously gives me pause. There must be a better (read cheaper) way ??
2: Cheap Kings steel wheels (with offset to help with the rear track issue) and Cooper ST MAXX.
3: Provent Catch can.

As I'm sure you would know, this is the start of a bloody long list. But this is a once in a lifetime deal for me. I want to do it right. And as the wait time for my truck to arrive is incredible long. I have time go get my sh*t together.

Anyway.. there you go.
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and girls. I'm hoping the wisdom of the crowd will be able to assist in making the decisions as I go.

Attached pics are the general idea..

Cheers,
Josh
(Near Wollongong)

76 Finished.jpg
LC76_Wagon_GXL_Sfx_B0_4E9_Sandy_Taupe_009.png

Welcome!

They are good looking, and, as recently proved, bullet proof in that colour :)

Hi and welcome. Love the 70 series vehicles, great to be able to build one from the ground up, from brand new. Looking forward to following your build.

What a treat to have brand new 76. Wish we could get those here in the UK. Excellent choice, Josh. Will be interested to hear what you put on it and what you do with it. Keep us posted.

Oh man

To live in a country where they still sell those things, and be able to go adventuring around the block!

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm just as excited as you would think I would be.
To be honest Geek, I don't think they will still be available here for much longer. Emissions / safety etc will kill it off soon I think.
There's even a possibility that it could happen before my car arrives ! I'd be devastated.. but I have to assume it's a possibility.
The dealer is quoting "between 6-12 months" before I'll see my truck.
That's a lot of sleeps.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you considered the HPD catch can..... it mounts up front with a dipstick... no drain hose to the chassis. ??

Back