Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just a little thing could turn out to be a big thing

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Noticed this the other day. A very small fluid leak on the coolant hose to the Auto Box. Its one of the ones on the bottom of the radiator to the auto box.
It had been rubbing on the cross member and caused a very small split. Good thing was there was enough to snip off 25mm and push back on.
Its hard to explain but easy to fix.

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpg
    IMG_3940.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 26
Lucky you caught this! When I redid mine I ran them all in heater hose as they are in a fairly crowded area especially the connections to the trans pipes.

Well spotted. You could potentially have lost a lot of transmission fluid if you’d not noticed that. I’ll check mine too.

Yes. It’s best to drop the sump guard. While your at it brush out between the radiators with a long, soft bottle brush or something similar. A soft cloth on a stick would work. I got enough grass, dust etc out to make a decent sized birds nest. Will help with cooling. Good luck!

Mine when when I was in Wales, laning. Exactly the same thing. We had to cut it short and run around trying to find fluid on a Sunday.

Sounds like a good reason to take some spare fluids with you when doing a bit of off roading

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Or buy the superior manual version of course ......

Oh come on! :icon-biggrin:

Back