Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

just got a cruiser

yes all is good with the cruiser. mot I haven't seen it yet and trying to get it home so I can play with it first, its the middle on the month I will have to back date the tax to the first..i need to sell my car to get the money together to pay for the cruiser and move the insurance on to it, I have sent gary a text about the transport its going to cost £450. and have to pay upfront, this might take some time. thanks for your help. cheers guys

Never had to do it myself but £450 sounds a bit steep, it's probably worth shopping round for a better price methinks. Somebody mentioned earlier trying vehicle recovery on eBay, I've seen them on there, just checked and got 79 listings.

Last edited:
And the day after you get it home a mate will say - i could have drove it home for you on trade plates for a couple of beers . Life's like that .

At that price it's worth getting someone to drive you there or. Even a taxi would be cheaper. Then jump in it and drive it home. Simples…or am I missing something?

I looked at a couple of the eBay listers and they seem to be around £1 a mile probably from their base I expect.

I looked at a couple of the eBay listers and they seem to be around £1 a mile probably from their base I expect.

£380 mile round trip, loading and unloading time, best part of a days work. £375 + vat =£450. I'm guessing that's not far out from anyone else.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm not using my 81 this week.. was thinking of sending you my number plates to get you home! But just realised that its just run out of Mot!

Sorry for that!

I'm not using my 81 this week.. was thinking of sending you my number plates to get you home! But just realised that its just run out of Mot!

Sorry for that!

I like your flexible thinking :thumbup:

Not sure driving on fake plates and uninsured is such a great idea

£250 is pretty good, its about a 200mile trip isn't it?

Welcome to the forum Pat!

Good choice on the 80, love 'em :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
from the lorrys yard to mine is 221 miles total 442. £1 a mile. is there an insurance just for 4x4 that I can use. a 25 year old cruiser. got to be cheap

When I got my last one, I just took out one day's insurance. Cost me about £24. They're not really bothered what sort of car it is, as they're gambling that one day is pretty good odds. It's all legal and sorted then. It has to be taxed there's no way around that but in relation to an MOT, I guess that this wouldn't worry me too much. ANPR cameras will be looking of course but tax and insurance are the biggies. Then get it parked off road and apply for SORN. Get a cheap saver off peak train down or National Express coach

I only get a day and a half from work a week, moneys a bit tight to loose a day and my job, getting by lorry is better for me, do I get old car tax and insurance 25 years old is older than me, ha ha driving a dads car.

I only get a day and a half from work a week, moneys a bit tight to loose a day and my job, getting by lorry is better for me, do I get old car tax and insurance 25 years old is older than me, ha ha driving a dads car.

[emoji15] if you're under 25 Pat then I hope you've got good no claims else prepare for expensive insurance (I guess!). Make sure you tell them how many seats it's got as the extra seats (usually 7 or sometimes 8) bump up the cost as there's that many people to insure. You can try Adrian Flux but sometimes Admiral are pretty good on price.

AF told me they they like modded vehicles as they are a better risk than standard road versions, that said they don't like under 25's for some reason,my lads 23, a HGV driver with clean licence and no accidents and I can't get him on any of mine. Good luck with that one, keep us informed of how you go on.

[emoji15]Make sure you tell them how many seats it's got as the extra seats (usually 7 or sometimes 8) bump up the cost as there's that many people to insure. You can try Adrian Flux but sometimes Admiral are pretty good on price.

When I told AF my truck only has two seats they said it doesn't make any difference, perhaps they didn't want to make my insurance any cheaper?

I originally had quite a discount from Admiral due to not having the third row of seats. Quite whether that makes any difference these days I know not. Things have changed since 2004.

I am asked every year if i have removed seats and i have to explain a swb has less seats than a lwb .

Back