Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

just got a cruiser

postmanpat

just got my first cruiser, looking forward to getting home and driving it, now I need help, I need a transporter to collect from wisbech and deliver it to durham, has I have no insurance and tax yet. hows the best way in getting it home.. cheers

Back of a AA truck.......works for landrovers:icon-biggrin: congrats on your purchase.

Congratulations and welcome, is it a none runner ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well done, would that be the one from ebay?

Welcome Pat (we are to assume thats your name?) Did you get that kitted up 80 from 80 Breaker? There are plenty of vehicle deliverers on the web,Garry has a transporter guy works for him all the time. ( this is assuming its the car I imagine), so that could be an avenue you could explore.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yes its pat. man not lady. i haven't asked it says collection only on ebay, delivery not included.

Ask Garry if the bloke that collects his cars will transport it or give you a price, I would check with the AA/RAC/any recovery if the vehicle has to be taxed, tested, insured otherwise they'd be transporting dead cars all over the place.
Looking forward to seeing pics reports etc.

Hi Pat, well you don't let the grass grow under your feet do you, new kitted out cruiser and on the forum in one smooth move. [emoji4] As said, there are transporters around on the net.

Welcome to cruiser ownership and to the forum. And if you do transport it on an AA truck, put up a photo as it's such a rare sight (unlike Land Rovers).

Best of luck and hope you have years of enjoyment from your new purchase.

Richard

When i was young, free and reckless, i would drive down with a mate and just drive it back..

Ask Garry if the bloke that collects his cars will transport it or give you a price, I would check with the AA/RAC/any recovery if the vehicle has to be taxed, tested, insured otherwise they'd be transporting dead cars all over the place.
Looking forward to seeing pics reports etc.

cheers for all your help, looks like a good club and helpful, i will ask gary about a delivery and a price, and let you know when I'm up and running, I've been told i can use this like a tank go over most things..this is going to be cool.

cheers for all your help, looks like a good club and helpful, i will ask gary about a delivery and a price, and let you know when I'm up and running, I've been told i can use this like a tank go over most things..this is going to be cool.

Aye, its not a bad club, as for "going over most things" its not a tank, so don't get your expectations too high :icon-biggrin:.

Sorry mate that was just me being juvenile, needs to be road legal and broken down for AA to move it.

Getting it road legal is not a problem, convincing the AA guy it broke down might be!

Welcome

regards

Dave

Too many cameras for that kind of thing nowadays .

When i looked at this a while back i found most charge by the mile and i think but i'm not sure either the AA or RAC did offer an independent service . Failing that there's usually on ebay offering vehicle delivery .

Last edited:
Try shiply.com for transport, I paid about £90 to transport a car 120miles via the site

So..... what makes it non road worthy? I seem to recall this being posted as 'will have 12 months clear mot'.

Note that you can tax from the vendors place, over the phone, during all sensible hours of the day.

Call your insurance company ahead of time, set up stuff and call in for tax once the green bit of the v5c is in your hand ( the dvla guy will ask for number and details on it ).

Then add diesel and drive it back.

Plus you have bought it bought it. The dvla phone thing is meant to also just work for when you go somewhere just to view and decide to buy it and drive it home. Guess how I know :)

Reactions: Sag
Back