Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kms? or Mls?

nivapilot

Country Flag
england
My 80 is an import model.
When it was imported it was subjected to a fascia conversion, that presumably changed the visual readings to show MPH instead of KmH.

Would any conversion have been done to the odometer? or will it still read Kms travelled?

If it reads Kms then I have just done 29ltrs of diesel at 159kms giving 15.6MPG
If it reads Miles then I have got 24.96MPG

I suppose the only real way to tell would be travel some measured distances.

Depends what the facia conversion consisted of. If it was just a sticker over the existing clock face then, obviuosly, the odo will still be reading Kms. If it had a clock change then it'll be in miles.

Well I was handed a packet when I bought the car, and in that packet was a speedo fascia, in KPH

There's a small gadget fitted either behind the speedo head or at the gearbox end that converts kilometers to miles, mines an import & it measures in miles, the dial has a small piece of black tape over the K

InstrumentCluster004.jpg

If they just changed the fascia then there's a pretty good chance the ODO is still counting in km as they both run off the same input.

Does that mean you're getting 15.6 MPG then? :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like it.
That's only local trips, biggest journey so far since I got her back on the road has been 16miles outward and 16back.

I would have preferred 24.96MPG :p

You can use a gps to check the odometer. Otherwise there are some 'measured miles' on some roads round the country that can be used for the same. If you do a search on the internet for your area you might find one. Alternatively create your own by asking some one with another car to measue a mile out for you - but the accuracy might not be as good.

SpinDrift said:
You can use a gps to check the odometer.....
:thumbup: the only accurate way to get a true idea of miles travelled.

With 33's fitted I'm guessing your 15.6 will be nearer to 16.7mpg :thumbup:

Mine was just a changed fascia and the odo remained in km. I thought I was getting a pretty respectable 29mpg when I first got the car and was dead chuffed with my purchase, alas checking it with the gps confirmed it was rolling over km and I was getting considerably less than that. Oh well

Mine's deffo measuring in miles, i measured a mile from point A to point B on a quiet piece of road near me in another one of my fleet then did the same trip in the Lc, spot on the same.

very intresting, I want to do it the otherway around. Mine is in miles, the speed and odo, how can Imconvert it to KM's?

The speedo fascia was always the simplest solution for speedo changes :) I used to import a lot of JDM cars.

My own LC is a JDM car & is still reading in its original KM's though.

Back