Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Krown rusproofing - discount available?

I'm there on Tuesday Chas TBH they don't very busy not sure that is a good thing or not
They gave me the options of any day next week except for Tuesday, so maybe they are not very busy at the moment.

Visited that area on business a few years ago. Around the North Antrim Coast. The Giant's causeway on a still and almost deserted evening will stay with me forever.
Yes, that is a strange area.

They gave me the options of any day next week except for Tuesday, so maybe they are not very busy at the moment.
I would say just before Christmas is always going to be slow

Yup just like most of the stuff I'm looking for.
It's a beautiful place and you can get very remote with in an hour's drive

Booked in for 30th Dec with 2 trucks

Well today I went over to Krown for the rust proofing, I will keep it short.
I pulled it on the ramp then had coffee while Rob told me all about the process, he the gave it a good wash underneath while it was draining he drilled a few holes here and there and took the light clusters out.
He then proceeded to treat all the areas he could get at from the top, he then lifted it up and blew and remaining water of with a airline and removed any remaining mud.
Then he sprayed all the underside and the sills including the chassis rails and inside every where tbh after he was done we backed it out to wash the topside off Job Done.
The whole job took a little over 3 hours and he did not stop once. All in all I was very impressed with his working method Rob is very methodical he seems to enjoy doing a 1st class job all credit to the guy.
and they had biscuits result that one
One thing for sure if the product does not work very well no way will it be Robs fault, that will be down to the Krown product

h50R0h7IR8CHYShnU0HJqA.jpg B3vb2QX7TJi+qaXhskj%Nw.jpg fbobPJjORjaDJC7ECCJL0Q.jpg fullsizeoutput_392.jpeg fullsizeoutput_394.jpeg xX%AGEvfQWqvIcjd9OH7Ww.jpg b1+N9XhMSIKDPARht9kf0g.jpg 987+wx9ZSDGrgIXe4j3ZLw.jpg bg6JRTLqREGAQRak3Qj%9g.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This was exactly my experience. He really does take pride in doing a good job. I was told he used to do car bodywork repairs and still does a bit in his spare time. I'd like to see some of the cars he's done. I wouldn't mind betting they are beautifully done.

This was exactly my experience. He really does take pride in doing a good job. I was told he used to do car bodywork repairs and still does a bit in his spare time. I'd like to see some of the cars he's done. I wouldn't mind betting they are beautifully done.
Totally agree

he then lifted it up and blew and remaining water of with a airline
I remember it being said previously that the process was done while it was still wet, so why was it necessary to give it a blow dry?

I remember it being said previously that the process was done while it was still wet, so why was it necessary to give it a blow dry?
Maybe as it was so cold

How did your job go then Chas

How did your job go then Chas

Well I arrived at Krown in plenty of time but the postcode wasn’t in the right place, so after trolling round the industrial estate asking for directions from people with strange accents, I found them by accident (no I didn’t have one) I just came across them while meandering about.

Robert got stuck in straight away, after making me a cuppa.

Emptied the tailgate compartments and gave them a squirt,

1.jpg

next was the rear wings via the tail-light apertures

2.jpg

3.jpg

You can see the fluid here, it will migrate itself to all parts.

6.jpg

then on to the doors, all four were given the treatment.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Then on to the front area

7.jpg

8.jpg

Wherever he found a hole he stuck his thing in it, where two layers of metal overlapped the fluid was sprayed,
even bolt heads were sprayed so the fluid would penetrate.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Undercarriage inspection and a wash

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I didn’t stay down in the application area any longer, I was freezing my nuts off so I went back for another cuppa and biscuits.

I was very pleased when Robert told me there was NO rust underneath. So all should be good for a few years to come, whole job took three hours from arrival to going home, very pleased, a very thorough job. Cost was £289.80.
As the observant among you may have noticed I have had Angel eyes fitted, there will be an update when the LED's have been fitted.

:dance: Good to know there's no rust underneath Chas, that's peace if mind for sure. :thumbup: I know what you mean about it being cold down there, it was pretty darn cold when I had mine done and that was in September I think.
Glad you're pleased, had no doubt you would be.

Excellent. Really looking forward to my visit this time next week.

Is he ok with you lurking about and taking photos?

Excellent. Really looking forward to my visit this time next week.

Is he ok with you lurking about and taking photos?
I was actively encouraged to do so while I was there AM. They were quite happy for me to look around under the truck.

Good news. Looks like we've found a keeper. All we need to do now is get him to buy an LC!

Chas don't know what you mean by strange accents, around here we all speak proper English like wot the queen does.
As do we, Chas my sat nav took me to their door in that post code

Back