Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kzj/lj78 rear propshaft

jmill568

Country Flag
australia
IMG_6104.JPG IMG_6105.JPG IMG_6103.JPG Hi, yesterday i bent my rear propshaft just slighty but enough that at 80km/hr the car will vibrate/shake like crazy. Looking for what other vehicles use the same propshaft as my 93' kzj78 to either get a new one or one from the wreckers. I'm in Australia.

@Ben is probably your man for that JM. Where abouts in Oz are you?

Looks like you had a great day out. Thanks for the pics. Welcome BTW. Hope you don’t plan on driving with the propshsft attached for too much as it could wreck your bearings. Far better to remove the propshaft and lock the centre diff to run on front wheel drive only.

Reactions: Ben
@Ben is probably your man for that JM. Where abouts in Oz are you?

Looks like you had a great day out. Thanks for the pics. Welcome BTW. Hope you don’t plan on driving with the propshsft attached for too much as it could wreck your bearings. Far better to remove the propshaft and lock the centre diff to run on front wheel drive only.
I'm around Brisbane Queensland. I drove home slowly so hopefully i haven't done to much damage to other parts in the driveline. Thanks i will ask him

I'm around Brisbane Queensland. I drove home slowly so hopefully i haven't done to much damage to other parts in the driveline. Thanks i will ask him
He’ll probably post on here as the forum sends an email if you’ve been mentioned with the @ symbol like @jmill568 :)

Thanks Rich. ;)

Great pics and KZJ78 Jmill! :clap:

You have a very rare car there, not many KZJ70's down here! :icon-biggrin:

Is it auto or manual?

Was that Glass House Mountains?

You need a prop shaft/tail shaft off either an LJ78 or a KZJ78!

There is only one wreckers in the whole country that I know has a 78 they are stripping and it just so happens to be in Brisbane! :flags-australia:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bri...hicle-wrecking-parts-1993-va01369-/1175059359

Forgot to say.....................if you're on Facebook, get yourself on the "Bundera Australia" page. :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Rich. ;)

Is it auto or manual?

There is only one wreckers in the whole country that I know has a 78 they are stripping and it just so happens to be in Brisbane! :flags-australia:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bri...hicle-wrecking-parts-1993-va01369-/1175059359

Thanks i will try get onto that asap. Thanks heaps. Yes it was glasshouse and its auto.

Thanks Rich. ;)

Is it auto or manual?

@Ben where did you get your snorkel for your lj78

Its an Ironman one and for a 1HZ 78 Troopy.

It fits the shape of the guard OK but doesnt come through in the same spot as the LJ/KZJ air intake so I had to make a new hole through the inner guard and rotate the airbox slightly.

Wasnt a hug job though and works well. :thumbup:

Back