Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kzj78 ecu

Garfieldus

Country Flag
ireland
I now know that a secondhand ecu for a KZJ78 is very rare. Recently I had to get my ecu refurbished and Rommel is running again but I've become a bit concerned about reliability especially if the ecu were to give trouble again particularly in a remote area.

I have seen a lot of a similar ecu for sale and wonder if anyone knows what the difference is between the two.

My part number is 89661-60250 and the part number for the ones I've seen for sale is 89661-26410.

I've attached pictures of both and as you can see they both mention "1kzte auto". Will 89661-26410 work in my '94 KZJ78 (1kzte) Auto?

Attachments

• ecu_89661-60250.jpg
    ecu_89661-60250.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 708
  • ecu_89661-26410.jpg
    ecu_89661-26410.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 601
Hi

89661-26410 is off a Toyota Hi-ace or Regiusace.

Its the same basic engine, but I dont think the gearbox will be the same, possibly not the fueling either. Both of these could cause problems.

On the other hand, we only progress because people investigate ideas, if its cheap, give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers

Pete

I just paid 1,400,000 USH for a second hand one here in Uganda - that's £355 - anyone know how that compares to new and used price in the UK?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

Its not possible to get a new one, and there are no secondhand ones around, so hard to say!

Its costs about £150 to refurbish an old one, which is what the people I know have had problems have had to do.

Dont throw your old one away, send it away for refurbishment!

Pete

Ps nice to hear that £300 means Im a millionaire somewhere in the world, mum and dad always said I'd achieve bugger all.

you just imagine going to buy a Landcruiser here with 30 odd million then....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

89661-26410 is off a Toyota Hi-ace or Regiusace.

Its the same basic engine, but I dont think the gearbox will be the same, possibly not the fueling either. Both of these could cause problems.

On the other hand, we only progress because people investigate ideas, if its cheap, give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for the replies and advice. Is it possible to cause damage by trying the 89661-26410?

I wouldnt have thought so, the most likely result will be that it wont start cos the fuelling set up is wrong, or you will get odd gearchanging, cos the gearbox setup is different.

Pete

So where do folks send their ecu's for repair in UK and can recommend for good service? Just got to UK with my bad ecu and want to get it fix.

Thanks
Mark

Back