Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lake District

Gav Peter said:
Ah she's alright Jim - I thought she was looking for trouble when we went through it last but she was fine when Jon schmaltzed her up ;)

we are talking about the same person right- one tooth, slightly mad hair, a bit like a witch?

Yep, she was the one. She also had a walking stick (or was it a broom) and a dog (which was originally a cat) :twisted:

AndyCook said:
more good pics
I must get down there again (dales laning this weekend though)

were those Ceps or boletus you cooked up - its nearly chanterelle season again, great eating

Hi Andy

I asked the expert. The mushrooms were in fact ceps and boletus. We also found some chanterelle. Yum!!

Is that the Yorkshire Dales you are going to be in this weekend?

Yes - Yorkshire Dales - with "onelifeadventure" paying this time for the weekend,
not free solo missions like i did to Wales and Pyrenees

will have to have a club trip to Lakes at somepoint later on in autumn or next year

- will have to look out for fungi for the pot!

My Dad is the expert, but he taught me a few, but the only ones i can reliably identify are Chanterelles, Ceps, and field mushrooms

Ok. I have been researching tracks in the Dales. I have found a few but have not driven them yet. I would be interested in your feedback on the trip.

Yes, we should organise a club event in the Lakes.

sure
The trip leader this w/e drives an 80-series
and a chum of mine will be along in his 120

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey guys,

I was going towards the lake district in a couple of weeks.

I have never been on these lanes and would love to go.

Is it possible to get the maps or the route co-ordinates for the locations. Plus, I have a standard 100 series, would it be fine for these trails or are they a little too rough

Cheers
Nav

Back