Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land cruiser overlanding newbie needs help!

flenkle

Country Flag
germany
Hey guys, The last weeks I was checking out the whole internet for a Landcruiser which will fit my budget and does the stuff I need it to do.
I´,m a 24 years old german who is gonna stay the next 2,5 months in Capetown. My plan is to buy a Land cruiser, customize it and travel with it all the way back to Germany. Sounds naive. Maybe it is but I don't care :D Because I'm relatively new to this whole overlanding and 4x4 topic it´s really difficult for me to find the right cruiser. I don't know exactly how I can differentiate a good Land cruiser from a bad one except for the obvious things. I found this Land cruiser 76 which is awesome but I'm not sure if its big enough. I would love to have a 78 troopy but they are quite difficult to find within my budget here in South Africa.
What do you think about this one -> 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.2 Diesel with Kronos roof - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
The people who build the Kronos Roof are also the people who sell the car. It comes with these specs and will cost around 29k dollars :
- 160000kms
- Intervolt Dual battery DC system
- Escapegear seat covers
- Front and rear Rhino replacement bumpers
- Rhino winch
- Dobinson suspension upgrade
- Cooper St max all terrain tires
- Hella 6inch Spotlights
- Upgraded exhaust
- New brakes and wheel bearings

Do you think the price tag on it is okay or to high. I checked the car out today and it looks really well and got also serviced well.
I would also have to customize it a little bit to my needs but what do you think about it for what I want to do.?
I appreciate all you help. Thank you.
Florian

Hi Florian

I spent many months looking for a Land Cruiser out of South Africa. I did look at the one you list and nearly bought it

The price has now been reduced from 550,000R so is better value now. Alu Innovations do good work but the vehicle itself needs some mechanical work as I spoke to Paul Marsh and he had viewed it for a client. It has leaks from clutch slave or master, rear main oil seal and elsewhere and I think requires a new clutch. It will also need some other bits, I can possibly find the full detail for you. All fairly routine but shows a lack of maintenance and I had been told it was in excellent condition. The huys are body builders not mechanics! But don’t dismiss it.

They did also know of a Troopy for sale but it might now be gone.

Check out gumtree.co.za and cars.co.za also https://lifeandleisuresa.co.za/ Zak who runs this is very helpful and might help you find your car if you contact him

Wow thank you thats really helpful!
It would be awesome if you could find the whole details if you still got it.
Im also gonna contact Zak

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Honestly Florian, that's not a bad price but I'll still need to do all the needed mechanicals ans as Gr8ota said hook up with Paul Marsh he'll sort you out either way.

Back