Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Last of the Good Samaritan

Avery73

I live in Weston super Mare and was on the beach today for my sons rugby training.
I saw a elderly gentleman with his jag stuck in the sand, so I offered to help him.
I walked the area I was going to drive on and all seemed ok. So reversed up to him and like the Bismarck, down we went. Up to the centre of the wheels in the stickiest wet sand I have ever experienced.

It took two discoverys with winches and a warrior to get me out and £90 to pay for it. At one point we had a warrior pulling a land rover pulling a land rover pulling my colorado and still she wouldn't give in and pop out. But with a bit of digging and pulling we are out.
e2y7umuq.jpg
atunu7ej.jpg

Good job its out now. it happens to the best of us.

So are you online now shopping for a winch and discreet winch mount:laughing-rolling:

Not a great position to be in :thumbdown:

A good investment would be a kinetic rope. They are great at getting something moving that is fast.

Glad you got shifted in the end.

ouch

what happened to the jag?

lucky you got out before tide came in

did you deflate the tyres? that can help a lot in sand

Good job its out now. it happens to the best of us.

So are you online now shopping for a winch and discreet winch mount:laughing-rolling:
Def looking for a discreet winch. Any ideas
Not a great position to be in :thumbdown:

A good investment would be a kinetic rope. They are great at getting something moving that is fast.

Glad you got shifted in the end.
Will look out for one
ouch

what happened to the jag?

lucky you got out before tide came in

did you deflate the tyres? that can help a lot in sand

Never thought about deflating tyres. The depth she was in, I probably wouldn't be able to find the valves.
We got the jag out and then he helped to dig.

In this situation i dont think deflating the tires would of helped, it looks like you have drove into quick sand. Break the crust and bang you're up to the axles. the only way is to dig and if you have them waflle boards/sandtracks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to see you out safely, but try not to let it put you off helping folks.

You will learn more with every mistake!

A winch will give you more options. I've invested in a ground anchor to winch from, when there's no trees or other points to attach to. I've only used it once, but it's an extra piece of insurance. :icon-biggrin:

It's not just me that gets stuck recovering other people then lol.

Back