Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

latitude overland and my tailgate locker

moggy1968

Got my tailgate back from Latitude overland after having a locker fitted, very pleased with the work.

These guys: http://latitudeoverland.co.uk

Met the guys at the overland show, they were pitched next to Alpine Rovers who's stand I was helping on. Was very impressed with the examples of their work they had there, so commissioned this off them.

Next job is to decide what to line the tailgate with to protect it from whatever I put in there. At the moment I'm thinking conveyor belt rubber but any ideas always welcome!!

IMG_2009.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg

I was going to line mine but if you pack stuff in, it doesn’t move. The contents also makes the tailgate heavy. Conveyor belt rubber is really heavy. I’ve found some adhesive insulation foam on eBay that I got for another project. Might use that. If I decide to actually line it.

I was going to line mine but if you pack stuff in, it doesn’t move. The contents also makes the tailgate heavy. Conveyor belt rubber is really heavy. I’ve found some adhesive insulation foam on eBay that I got for another project. Might use that. If I decide to actually line it.
Have you got a link? I’m worried about stuff moving about off road and fouling the release linkage or denting through the tailgate

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use 10mm thick stable mats on my boat shooting away 50 pots at a time repeatedly for 12 hours a day , i expect at least 5 years out of a set , it aint that heavy 2x10 metre mats are lifted every day for scrub down and your tailgate is a wee bit smaller .

Back