Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC90 VX - 97 colorado 3.4 v6 or 3.0TD - fuel debate, which to get, seeing v6 sunday

cheers S.

the 2nd link worked a treat and some car, but would get it, but I need the 5 door with the kids in the house.

first link did not work.

looks like a wee bit more searching in order but 3 doors looks great.

This one is very good money in fact I may have to put our kid on to it. LOL he wishes he had that sort of wedge. For a D4D I would bite his hand of at that money so long as its straight and clean.

FYI The one in link 2 is identical (apart from being less than 2 months newer) to mine and I gave 2k 4 years ago

cheers Chris

I will check that one out - alot of gx models out there, I would prefer the VX with all the bits in it.

Will update shorty on this one

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
is the FX not the real basic model - not too keen on them would still prefer the VXs.

looked at loads of american motors too - got nothing against them - great to drive in the states but here parts and petrol are the real issues

is the FX not the real basic model - not too keen on them would still prefer the VXs.
It depends on how basic basic is, mine has electric windows, power steering and aircon, the only thing I'd really like is cruise control. The one in the ebay ad above may be dodgy, I've asked him the mileage and got no reply plus it does seem cheap for the year.

The only realistic difference i can see between all models in the range is petrol or diesel - leather seats or cloth especially if its not gonna be turned into a mud plugger .

Mines a SWB GX , the only one i've ever seen with leather seats . Electric windows and wing mirrors , central locking ad CD player are standard throughout the range i imagine coz mines got them all .

If leathers what your after i will point out that i believe cloth interiors will in most cases long outlast leather after 15 years of use . I dyed and repaired my leather but what an awful job to do !

I'm sure that the GX and VX are the same mechanically, the differences are in interior spec etc. However the FX is different - it doesn't have the (wider) body cladding and therefore has a narrower track. Though I believe this is achieved with narrower and smaller wheels/tyres. It also has a different rear diff ratio to the GX/VX models.

Considering what is out there, I would only plump for a FX, if it was a minter. Otherwise it would be a VX all day long.......just my 2p worth.

P.S. All UK standard VZJ95s (LWB/5 door petrols) are VX trim as far as I know.

:icon-wink:

Last edited:
I'm sure that the GX and VX are the same mechanically, the differences are in interior spec etc. However the FX is different - it doesn't have the (wider) body cladding and therefore has a narrower track. Though I believe this is achieved with narrower and smaller wheels/tyres. It also has a different rear diff ratio to the GX/VX models.

Considering what is out there, I would only plump for a FX, if it was a minter. Otherwise it would be a VX all day long.......just my 2p worth.

P.S. All UK standard petrols are VX trim as far as I know.

:icon-wink:

Cheers guys for the latest inputs - I am going to go with CH with this one and hold out for a VX - petrols were vx's.,

I hope to see a GX soon and that will help me further but so far a few calls but loads of odd replies and little insights to their miles and histories.

What I don't understand if you are selling the car, why not just tell you the mileage and some history, it saves loads of hassle and wasted trips.

anyway the hunt continues

LC90 VX - 97 colorado 3.4 v6 or 3.0TD - fuel debate, which to get, seeing v6 su

The GX's have almost indestructible cloth seats.

I looked at a blue petrol GX (UK model, not an import), was very tidy but overpriced - just remember that FX/GX/VX refer to trim levels and not engines - FX is the base (poverty/farm) spec, GX is the general spec and VX is the luxury spec (leather seats, toys on the dash, heated seats etc)

Think I may have sussed it

EX was the 3 door commercial
GS was the 3 door farmers package
GX was the 3 door top spec
Then the K2 special edition only in 3 door

FX was the 5 door Farmers package
GX was the 5 door mid spec
VX was the 5 door top spec

This will now be proven to be utter rubbish whan another member come along with a 3 door FX or a 5 door K2

Back