Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leaking AHC System

richie

Just returned home after leaving my 50th aniversary parked up for 6 months and the height control off light came on. Checked and found it had dumped the fluid from either the pipe that goes into nitrogen tank mounted on chassis or the tank itself. How do you undo the pipe and get the tank off ? Access to the bottom two bolts holding the tank is easy but can't see how to access the two above.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Rich​

I haven't taken that tank off, but if its anything like the four Actuators it would be simplest to take the body off :doh:.

I ended-up boring 35mm holes in the floor to get at the 8mm bolts on top of the chassis, there is just too much stuff about (wiring loom, pipes) to get a spanner in from the side - even if the corroded bolts would come undone.

Its a brilliant design - they fit the suspension system then put the body on top :crazy:.

DSCN5882_zpssiiyflqz.jpg

DSCN5885_zpsajgyuxvs.jpg

DSCN5890_zpsyghffypi.jpg

DSCN5956_zpsj3eyqom1.jpg

It was the only way I could replace the Actuator Globes - everything is rusted solid (this is Scotland!).

I plugged the holes in the floor with plastic 'blanking plugs' from a Trailer Parts Supplier.

Bob.

Thanks Bob just as I thought. As i am not sure if its a pipe gone or the pump itself I am now considering swapping it all out for a Pedders conversion kit
Richie

Having thought about it I decided to remove the passenger seat and drill a hole to see if I could find the leak. Turned out it was a pipe but Toyota can't figure iut which one it is!!!!! They suggest replacing each one on the passenger side till I get the right one. Numkins they cost between a £100 and £300 each and can;t be returned. Does anyone have a plan please?

Having thought about it I decided to remove the passenger seat and drill a hole to see if I could find the leak. Turned out it was a pipe but Toyota can't figure iut which one it is!!!!! They suggest replacing each one on the passenger side till I get the right one. Numkins they cost between a £100 and £300 each and can;t be returned. Does anyone have a plan please?

Have a look on Amayama. They have parts catalogues but may not have pictures. Will be far cheaper than Toy UK.

The small pipes that convey fluid to the Actuators are the same as Brake Pipes (I used 3/16" cupro/nickle) with 10mm x 1mm pitch Flare Nuts.

I repaired my pipes with standard Brake Pipe stuff, using In-Line Connectors to couple new to old.

I covered the exposed pipe with clear tubing and the connections with two layers of Shrink Tubing - you can see the 'bulge' in the pipe here:

DSCN5955_zpst9755cjn.jpg
Stainless Set Screws with lots of 'Optimol TA' anti-seize paste (I had to use a Propane Torch to get the old ones out !).

Hopefully it will last a few years :eusa-whistle:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now I did wonder about repairing said pipe with fridge fittings. If they are 1/4 od then easy enough done with the right tools or a fridge engineer. :)

OK So the pipe connects these two tanks. Contacted Toyota Tech and I am still waiting for them to come back to me with the part no, Obviously they don't understand their parts diagram either.
Section_27052016_1034.jpg
IMG_20160527_093031399_HDR-2.jpg
IMG_20160526_143258898.jpg

all very interesting, mine has started to play up. but strangely doesn,t show any warning codes. am also thinking of the pedders kit :think:

My money would be on 91631 G0830, just by the bends shown, assuming your leaking pipe is the horizontal one in the second pic under the black cylinder. See what others think.

Back