Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Learned Gentlemen, MPG

My 70 with 1kzt does a regular 21mpg and I'm quite happy with that as it
is such a good all round wagon and runs on a variety of terrain.

My 4.2 12v Manual on 37's - 19mpg normal driving - 14 to 18mpg towing

No Brian,it is the KZJ 70 Prado with the1KZT and it runs like a charm.A couple of years
ago the original donc packed up and I put a second hand motor in and it's great.Earlier on I was pretty busy so let a highly reccomended mechanic fix a blown head gasket and he botched the job but it never showed up for some time.crap happens.when I got the Prado
it had all the bells and whistles so I passed what had been a brand new Holden v6 down to my wife.meeting her just before she turned into our drive,Istopped her and she wound down ,I said don't you think it's so much better jet to push button to get the wind down and I grinned at her and took off.Silly boy it wasn't long before she had a wagon with all the bells and whistles

Well for some reason, the last check, I recorded 23.45, same journey same speeds, maybe the additive is having some effect?
EGR to be sorted next

My 120 d4d runs around town at 28 to 30 avg. Last weekend we did a 750 mile round trip at 34mpg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Blimey!
I didn't want to mention my d4d's 29mpg, but 34! that's almost economical:grinning::grinning::grinning:

just did some numbers for the 105... with its 1HZ non turbo, and its about 22mpg, it looks like I am getting ~ 700 miles from the full tank ( it has the oe subtank as well, for a total capacity of 145 ltr ).

What I do know is that its a lot more expensive to run the 105 than the 120 :)

22mpg sounds like money well spent in a 105, the smile on your face must be worth at least 5mpg!

Back