Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

led light bar

Agreed mate the point is price is no indication of quality the price is set by middlemen who can recoup the cost of import 2 fold or 10 fold depending on their own moral calculator .

Thats precisely what I said in my post Shayne (last line) and it's the big dilemma. Buy cheap and take a risk, buy expensive and take a bigger risk. The market's turned on its head these days, IMO.

and guess which area LC came from?
ASIA
or should i buy from the UK market

Landrover which was build in the uk

and as you say LR are crap

so its a hard Q where to buy from

Last edited:
Sadly true RR it is forbidden by the UK Gov to produce anything of cost effective good quality which is why Landrovers are so good :lol:

well LR stops me drinking and smoking i spent all money on it but i have enjoy it

Now working on the LC, so far rear light 2nd hand 40 quid

Same item Land rover i can get on for a tenner

I don't necessarily think the country of origin governs the quality. Members of the 4x4 response group I'm in have mostly got Amber flashing LEDs. The difference in brightness between lights of the same appearance from even the same supplier has to be seen to be believed.

That's why I questioned their efficacy.

You can buy Apple chargers from eBay, some contain almost half the parts. GU10 bulbs have the heat sink made live, and so on. The importer that you say makes money from badges actually has to back up that product for 7 (yes 7) years, test its quality and that it doesn't interfere with next doors TV or worse every time it comes in (cos they can give you good stuff the first time then rough stuff when they think you're not looking), pay tax on it and insure it in case it hurts somebody. That's before he even sells one. Then he has to order minimum quantities and store them somewhere he has to pay business rates on.

When you import it yourself you have none of this to do and no protection. If it turns out you imported something that blots out Channel 4 when you switch it on, you're liable as the importer. And if it infringes anyone's intellectual property and gets found out then you're in the poo again.

Oh and if you don't like it, it's a long costly way to send it back, so they probably don't get many returns.

Last edited:
Be wary of the description 'Work light'. they market them as work lights because they don't give you the effective distance for offroad use.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back