Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Grip is what goes first.

What's a clutch? :whistle:

Chris

Assuming grip would be lost equally... surely its not a fight to rubber death? - that would make for 2 big holes :lol:

Tug-o-war with a rope is boring. You tube is full of videos with red necks doing it. How about using a snatch strap?

No, grip is NOT equal. That's the point. I am sure that Rob would agree that with his aged ATs against me with new Lerma's and equal power and weight, I would surely pull him backwards. You could alter the challenge and just see how far up a bank we could all drive. Grip is the key. OK being able to capitalise on the grip is important, so having super tyres but a one litre engine - you going to lose, but that isn't the case here. We would all have a pretty comparable power to weight ratio.

OK there are all sorts of forces at work here Sam, but where they tyre meets the ground is just about the most critical.

Chris

It depends on the surface. On ground where the Lermas can dig in they would have the advantage, on solid ground a set of worn ATs would have more rubber in contact so more grip.

Agreed but I think that a tarmac pull would be rather damaging. That's the beauty of the muddy surface. It provides some degree of mechanical sympathy.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think even on sun baked (unlikely I know) Lincomb red concrete a set of ATs would do better, however anything with a bit of give would be a different story. So which is better - depends on the weather :lol:

Back