Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb meets 2018

I was planning of coming with my 2 boys, but not worth it to drive 12 hours and ferry to sit in the rain.

Have good one everybody!

I was planning of coming with my 2 boys, but not worth it to drive 12 hours and ferry to sit in the rain.

Have good one everybody!
Same for me and my boy. Our camping set up is basic so will see you all next time

*** FINAL UPDATE - VENUE CHANGE ***

As mentioned before, the ground conditions are a nightmare at Lincomb. Tony offered up the only viable area which in reality would have been a difficult area to set camp. I've just come off the phone from Tony having discussed the possibility of a different venue just for this weekend which Tony has no problems with given the circumstances.

So we have an alternative camping venue which is a field at my local pub.

The address is

The Stratton Arms
Turweston
Brackley
Northants
NN13 5JX

The field can accommodate about 20 LandCruisers and we can have a fire, if you can bring any wood that would be great.

Be aware that some sat navs will try and get you to make a right turn when in the village, please ignore and carry on where you will drop down the hill to the pub.

The pub is a motorhome Britstop stopping point where there is no charge for staying if you have a few beers etc from the pub, Phil the Landlord is happy to extend that arrangement to us as well so please support my local.

Sorry to have dropped a change in so late in the day but hope to see you all.

Facilities,

Outside Gents
Inside Ladies (unavailable when pub is closed)
Water point

As we've already discussed Trev, I think it's the right move. Shouldn't really inconvenience anyone travel wise. I shall be there for sure. Lincomb without the woods and challenges is effectively a field. Now we have a field with a pub. Well done.

BTW no reason we couldn't all stick a fiver at the least in for the camping on top of anything else.

6 Josh and George (if that's right number).
Not a problem with different location, if there's a pub well I'm struggling to see the downside! Happy to give the bloke a fiver or whatever

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Trevor

Similar question - are trailers OK in the field?

J

As mentioned before, the ground conditions are a nightmare at Lincomb. Tony offered up the only viable area which in reality would have been a difficult area to set camp. I've just come off the phone from Tony having discussed the possibility of a different venue just for this weekend which Tony has no problems with given the circumstances.

The address is

The Stratton Arms
Turweston
Brackley
Northants
NN13 5JX

The field can accommodate about 20 LandCruisers and we can have a fire, if you can bring any wood that would be great.

Be aware that some sat navs will try and get you to make a right turn when in the village, please ignore and carry on where you will drop down the hill to the pub.

The pub is a motorhome Britstop stopping point where there is no charge for staying if you have a few beers etc from the pub, Phil the Landlord is happy to extend that arrangement to us as well so please support my local.

Facilities,

Outside Gents
Water point
Count me and james in please Trev. Thanks. I hate beer but i guess I'll try a few!!!

Well I'm fully fuelled, beer's in, fridge full, keys in hand. Just waiting for the starting gun and I'm off. Not many confirmations from folk. I've messaged around but I am going to lay odds that someone turns up at Lincomb.

I can't make it any longer :(

A good mate has decided to have a last minute stag do before he flies off to Australia to get married

Should make it Friday night, I assume dogs ( obviously kept under control!) allowed as at lincomb

Should make it Friday night, I assume dogs ( obviously kept under control!) allowed as at lincomb

Yes dogs allowed in the garden and pub, not in the restaurant bit.

Hi I will be up on Saturday looking good pub it can not be bad :thumbup:

Unfortunately I am going to have to pass this time - so much to do on the truck! Hope you all have a good one.

:kissingheart:

The address is

The Stratton Arms
Turweston
Brackley
Northants
NN13 5JX

Facilities,

Outside Gents
Water point
Sounds like a plan Trev.

Not going to make it to this one :icon-cry: but hope everyone has a good time.

Back